DDF Exclusive 3 SPN Channels (Mix & ESPN SD/HD) to Shut down wef 30th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we can See ESPNStarSports like we used to when we were kids. I guess this also means Disney/Star can route some of the premium leagues which they have acquired rights for to Hotstar.

I'm expecting that they will rebrand Star Sports Select 2/2HD to ESPN /HD

This is not surprising for me. People now become very choosy to select channels and remove them after 1 day. So more channels going to shutdown soon.

Sony BBC Earth is my favourite channel because quality of programs in discovery channel's going down. They have shows like Bear Grylls and Pawn Shop..

No. Tariff Order has nothing to do with this decision, Sony Mix costed just Re.1 & was available in all bouquet hence reach was quite good...Regarding Sony ESPN it is niche channel and impact due to new framework must have been there but quite less. I m also expecting FYI TV18, History TV18 to undergo change of ownership soon.

Lastly there maybe a new english movie channel launched by merged company if Viacom CBS persist but as things exist Sony would launch a Hindi Bollywood Movie Channel to compete with sony, zee and TEN 4 will replace Sony ESPN.

There was no point having both MTV Beats and Sony Mix running as they would have eaten into each others virwership

9X Jalwa, B4U r great options for this era of music. Also don't be disheartened as some new music channel in retro/90s music genre might come up soon from Sony-Network18
Only option are 9X jalwa and mastii b4u used to air old songs earlier but not now
Hopefully as you are saying will come true

Only option are 9X jalwa and mastii b4u used to air old songs earlier but not now
Hopefully as you are saying will come true

I included both retro, 90s song category while mentioning channel options, ofcourse one can select between all 3 based on their preference

Hope, one by one, they may shutted their all channels.
Next may be Sony BBC Earth, Sony Pal, Sony Wah, AXN, Sony Max 2 to shut their shops. Even Sony Aath and Sony Marathi may shut down soon by our beloved N.P.Singh!!!!
Of course this post is a little hyper, but there is a point here. The approach to counter the NTO 2.0 should not be to close down or waste so many channels. Already SPN's Bollywood genre is struggling to make a comeback and desperately needs the Viacom18 merger. Then you have the English channels, where Disney and Times are dominant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock