DDF Exclusive 3 SPN Channels (Mix & ESPN SD/HD) to Shut down wef 30th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract date is 4/2024
They terminate this contract in mutual understanding

Yeah, it's even a conflict of interest for Disney to have a hand in both the countries largest sports networks and I guess this move is in for consolidation of all the premium things they have the rights for under a single roof. At this rate I will not be Suprised if Star India launch/rebrand SS1/2 to ESPN and have their Dugout for IPL if it happens from April 15th. With the delay they do even have an buffer to work on.

Both Sports and Economy are in crisis globally due to COVID. So I think there will not be a replacement for ESPN by Sony.
Even without COVID. There shouldn't be any replacement for Sony ESPN. They should utilise Pix and Max for sports. It will bring cost down and bring credibility to Max as the channel lacks proper bollywood library. And early morning sports can help Pix too. Almost no one watches movies at 5 am. AXN is already airing English movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock