DDF Exclusive 3 SPN Channels (Mix & ESPN SD/HD) to Shut down wef 30th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even without COVID. There shouldn't be any replacement for Sony ESPN. They should utilise Pix and Max for sports. It will bring cost down and bring credibility to Max as the channel lacks proper bollywood library. And early morning sports can help Pix too. Almost no one watches movies at 5 am. AXN is already airing English movies.

No buddy, sony needs more sports channels to accommodate various things and they r lot better at it. Max or Pix should not air sports unless necessary like was for IPL. What i hope is that too many sports HD chs r done away with as it is not needed, only major events need HD feed and 2 or 3 hd chs r enough

No buddy, sony needs more sports channels to accommodate various things and they r lot better at it. Max or Pix should not air sports unless necessary like was for IPL. What i hope is that too many sports HD chs r done away with as it is not needed, only major events need HD feed and 2 or 3 hd chs r enough
Okay, explain what and how Sony should and will air on 10 sports channels.

There are many like me who used to watch. The internet revolution step in majorly because of the lack of quality content in TV. OTT are there only because of that. Except Tier 1 cities, OTT revolution is hard in other cities where majority of people of a country lives. Ofc timing is a factor.
Then ads are not everything for a channel. As Animax is a premium channel, they don't mainly rely on ads only. The same animax in SEA with same structure is making profit. The shut down is only because of non availability of channel in major platforms. They didn't get the reach they need. Majority of broadcaster in India don't take Kids segment seriously. That's another reason.

U r right, OTT was not the only reason but surely not getting enough audience was. Animax operated in very niche category, it needed healthy subscription revenue to survive as ad revenues if present r very minimal. Most people do not want to pay for good content on tv hence best option is to shut such chs... OTT is suitable platform for it as it reduces running cost and revenue thru subscription or ads can make a sustainable model.

Let alone Animax, chs like Discovery Kids or even Sonic, Disney , Turner have tried to bring foreign shows but in this present time it has not worked. Broadcasters do take it seriously but tastes have changed a lot, kids these days enjoy diff sort of content which we dislike

Okay, explain what and how Sony should and will air on 10 sports channels.

They have lots of rights and at times things overlap so chs r needed... There may b occasions where live events r unavailable but then as broadcaster they need to keep whole scenario in mind. Atleast they show diverse content across chs unlike Star which tries to restrict major properties to OTT

They have lots of rights and at times things overlap so chs r needed... There may b occasions where live events r unavailable but then as broadcaster they need to keep whole scenario in mind. Atleast they show diverse content across chs unlike Star which tries to restrict major properties to OTT
I am curious about the rights. Could you care to elaborate of SPSN's rights? And why they require 8 channels for sports?

Star start many sports channels including regional languages.. star sports 3 hd coming soon. But sony???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock