DTH updates 4 channels converted to MPEG 4

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
* Updated *
----------------------------------------
2) NAT GEO PEOPLE (DISHTV) 12535, V, 43210 Type(ISO13818=>H.264)
3) TRAVEL XP (dishtv) 12595, V, 43210 Type(ISO13818=>H.264)
4) DISCOVERY SCIENCE (Dishtv) 12648, H, 30000 Type(ISO13818=>H.264)
5) DISCOVERY TURBO (Dishtv) 12648, H, 30000 Type(ISO13818=>H.264)

It means now it is confirmed that they are going replace old MPEG-2 boxes with MPEG-4 new boxes like Tata Sky. They are now converting useful SD channels to MPEG-4. I am sure now upon call they will ask the customer to replace the old box with the new one

Now they will increase the channels conversion speed to MPEG-4. Once they add sports channels a lot of customers will go for the box replacement.

Now Dishtv had to negotiate hard for getting Star Sports Select SD channels and other Star channels as deal with Star comes up for renewal due to IPL rights which had gone to Star network.

How to check if I have the latest box or not ? Is it as simple as if the above 4 channels not working then I have the old box kya ?

How to check if I have the latest box or not ? Is it as simple as if the above 4 channels not working then I have the old box kya ?
These channels LCN will not reflect in your guide/Menu i.e. they will be missing altogether if you have an old box.

Dish TV new boxea are of Arion box picture is also available on Dish TV website. Old boxes are silver colored boxes of Zenga brand

These channels LCN will not reflect in your guide/Menu i.e. they will be missing altogether if you have an old box.
It is not compulsory that channels won't show in the menu. Even if channels are in the list he will get only black screen or error screen if there is any from dish TV side for the replacement of box

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock