4k set top box update?

@maheshav bro, I was in a similar situation like you 2 months ago and really confused between airtel internet 4K & TS HD.
I posted multiple queries in DDF and went for TS HD as suggested by most (but there are few 'experts' who came up with some loose talks, rather they should skip my queries if not interested).
I'm little disappointed with TS HD channels pq compared to d2h. Someone said TS provides compressed HD channels to allocate its 100 HD channels. SD channels pq is better than d2h.

Thanks for information , for now i will stick with d2h 4k stb , and we will wait for any new options.

I purchased D2h 4K STB more than 2.5 years ago. Since then 'TravelXP 4K, Disovery 4K will be launched very soon'. That 'Very soon' not arrived yet.

Isn't this a cheating by d2h ?

They are charging 7000rs for Installation & Activation of the 4K STB. And there is no 4k channel or programme in the service. Why no customer has complained to TRAI or any govt authority against this cheating?

Isn't this a cheating by d2h ?

They are charging 7000rs for Installation & Activation of the 4K STB. And there is no 4k channel or programme in the service. Why no customer has complained to TRAI or any govt authority against this cheating?
Off course it's cheating. The 'Very soon' phrase is still continuing for recording features also.

Off course it's cheating. The 'Very soon' phrase is still continuing for recording features also.

I agree we should have complained to TRAI .
By the way recording features was working with version 202.

i also activated the recording feature & still didn't get the new firmware so canceled it immediately, also contacted them on FB & they sent an engineer to my place who said the same thing i mentioned before, "sir no update for 4k box & we can't update it manually".

Hi BlackSpider777,

If you see the "4k stb forced OTA?" there are some instruction to do force OTA,
have you did it ? , I am at office now, so I can try once I go home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Switch off the stb

2. In plug the power cable from stb

3. Hold the reset button and plug the the power cable to stb ( reset button solid be hold until you got the download page )

4. Then your stb will automatically initiate the download for latest software

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Hi BlackSpider777,

1. Switch off the stb

3. Hold the reset button and plug the the power cable to stb ( reset button solid be hold until you got the download page )

No button on 4k box , I am not how forced OTA can be done.

Hi BlackSpider777,

1. Switch off the stb

Hi all, I overlooked the reset button which is at back side , follow instructions given above to BlackSpider, it works now D2h kept 202 version software back.

I just did and my Box got upgraded just now.

If download stucks in between , repet steps again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock