8 Channels LCN To Be Changed

The Reason behind changing of LCN because Shemaroo & Goldmines movies channels are going to add by probably Republic Day.

No. Reason is that Tata Play has signed onto new Slab Agreement (Channel Placement Order across genres) with Viacom18/Indiacast in updated RIO hence accordingly Channel Numbers of certain channels are being changed to comply with the terms of the said agreement

I don't get why broadcasters are so obsessed with LCNs. People make their own fav list anyway. What's the advantage / disadvantage of having higher / lower LCN? If I want to watch the channel, I will just select the LCN, no matter how high or low is it.

IMO, LCNs should be dynamic like DDFD. Viewers should have the option to assign / sort / move / edit LCN as per their need.

I don't get why broadcasters are so obsessed with LCNs. People make their own fav list anyway. What's the advantage / disadvantage of having higher / lower LCN? If I want to watch the channel, I will just select the LCN, no matter how high or low is it.

IMO, LCNs should be dynamic like DDFD. Viewers should have the option to assign / sort / move / edit LCN as per their need.
OFF Topic You can set limited number of favourites. Also when you check the guide they come in specific order and customers are not very tech savvy they select the first channel available to them in this genre. Exceptions are there when it comes to entertainment and depends on person to person but really 90 % of them started the first one they get in the order and not bothered to go the last channel in the genre specifically the news channels.

Last edited:
You can set limited number of favourites.

Majority of people watch only a few channels. 20-30 fav channels are enough for them. My mom-dad watch 4-5 channels. I have 50+ in my fav list. Even I watch 10-12 channels regularly. So limited number of favs are more than enough for most of the viewers.

I agree that some people select channels by following the guide. Even I was told to do so during installation. But I never liked it. And some channels like ID, MTV are messed up in the wrong genre.

Majority of people watch only a few channels. 20-30 fav channels are enough for them. My mom-dad watch 4-5 channels. I have 50+ in my fav list. Even I watch 10-12 channels regularly. So limited number of favs are more than enough for most of the viewers.

I agree that some people select channels by following the guide. Even I was told to do so during installation. But I never liked it. And some channels like ID, MTV are messed up in the wrong genre.
OFF Topic So its your opinion. You have to respect everyone's opinion bro. I watch more channels now in my Jio Fiber + including all music channels ( 35 + music hindi punjabi channels which you don't get in DTH) sometimes for 5 mins sometimes for half an hour for variety in different types of music. There are close to 700+ live channels but I would have watched each one of them for sometimes barring regional channels. So in that way you say broadcasters should not launch new channels too. Variety is good anyways if you have option of more channels you get varied content and people are smart enough to filter what's good for them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock