aaj ka classic with arjun kapoor on zee classic

Shantanu

Contributor
Reaction score
Arjun Kapoor is a self-proclaimed film and tv-show buff. Now, he'd even have something to show for it!
As it turns out, Zee Classic has roped him in for a Strategic Time Table called Aaj Ka Classic, which will dedicate a timeslot to each decade of Indian Bollywood cinema for '60s, '70s, '80s & '90s, according to DNA .
And the actor is all set to shoot for this initiative before he starts shooting for his upcoming movie, Mubarakan, with Athiya Shetty, Anil Kapoor and Ileana D'Cruz.
"I was intrigued and excited when Zee Classic approached me for their campaign. I think I am the perfect fit for it. I have grown up eating, breathing and living films. That's from an emotional point of view. From a practical side, I felt that being a young actor I will be able to bridge the gap between our generation and the yesteryears of cinema. The audience of the '50s and '80s would relate to it but the current youth may not be as aware. I love to do anything with cinema per se and as the channel will show Hindi movies from all the eras, I am sure every generation will need a connect and I can be that connect. I will be sharing my views and creating a connect through social media too," Arjun told DNA.
When asked about his favourite films, Arjun says, "My favourite films are too many, but the era I love a lot is the '80s, when Subhash Ghai ruled cinema with movies like Meri Jung. I love the '90s too, like Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Ram Gopal Varma's films and Dil Chahta Hai. But the era that wins hands down is the '70s when Amitji's (Bachchan) films ruled the roost--Deewar, Sholay, Kala Paththar, Abhimaan. But I also loved the iconic Ram Aur Shyam, Mughal-E-Azam, Padosan, Sangam, Andaz, Awara, Shree 420, Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro�?� There were so many great films�?� Too many to name!"

Are you ready to catch Arjun Kapoor on the small screen again?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock