ABP Desam, Star Gold Romance, and 4 others get TV license from MIB

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 41
  • Views: Views 9,644
I hope u know in europe or even Asia such segmented channels r old phenomenon and quite successful. Star/Disney has vast ever expanding bollywood movie library and providing content for every section of audience. We should appreciate this
I honestly believe your take on this is rather uninformed. Sky Europe sells their Sky Movie channels as 'Suites' so you buy either a PPV access or monthly fee to get the entire 15-channel pack instead of India's on-demand single-channel price. Plus these channels have hundreds of studios signed up to get their movies broadcast there.
It's just a goodwill to believe all of them will also see their movies shown in the new STAR channel if they aren't going to be subbed or dubbed in like the 15 languages of the country even if Disney got rights for all the movies unless it'll end being like Vijay Super or Vijay Music showing the same movies and songs all the time.

I honestly believe your take on this is rather uninformed. Sky Europe sells their Sky Movie channels as 'Suites' so you buy either a PPV access or monthly fee to get the entire 15-channel pack instead of India's on-demand single-channel price. Plus these channels have hundreds of studios signed up to get their movies broadcast there.
It's just a goodwill to believe all of them will also see their movies shown in the new STAR channel if they aren't going to be subbed or dubbed in like the 15 languages of the country even if Disney got rights for all the movies unless it'll end being like Vijay Super or Vijay Music showing the same movies and songs all the time.

Well I m well informed about SVOD or PPV model but here we were discussing if such segmented chs r present worldover or not and my reply was limited to that. Also buddy FYI such chs r even available on regular subscription be it in asia or other countries and India being a price sensitive country will see a subscription cum ad driven approach for all chs barring few niche ones

Star Gold Romance will have good number of films belonging to this category b it old films or new premieres

Well I m well informed about SVOD or PPV model but here we were discussing if such segmented chs r present worldover or not and my reply was limited to that. Also buddy FYI such chs r even available on regular subscription be it in asia or other countries and India being a price sensitive country will see a subscription cum ad driven approach for all chs barring few niche ones

Star Gold Romance will have good number of films belonging to this category b it old films or new premieres
It'll go just as good as Romedy Now.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock