Good News (Accomplished) DreamDTH Server Upgradation

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 65
  • Views: Views 5,847
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some SSD manufacturers go in increments of 120, others 128.

Nowadays most premium and enterprise category go with 1000 formats rather than 1024 format. Because they provide what they promise or in other words you get what you see. People would find it offensive or cheating when you pay a premium price only to see a different spec than they offered.

To explain in detail, manufacturers compute storage in 1000 format while the computer itself reads in binary format which is in 1024.

So a 128GB SSD would be manufactured with storage of 128 x 1000 x1000 x 1000 bytes = 128,000,000,000 bytes. However the computer would read it as 128,000,000,000/ 1024/1024/1024 GB = ~120GB

So, when they say 128gb ssd you would actually see 120gb only. Better to say it as 120gb itself.

If you wish to test how speed/loading/latency will vary with new vs old (current) servers of us, you may perform a ping test right away.

New server ping IP 170.249.238.72
Old server ping IP 67.222.0.24

Not sure if this is a right thread. DDF is slow recently for me. Like last few days.

I'm getting a whopping 300ms ping when I ping both ips and dreamdth.com. Browsing is very slow only in DDF. Tried Google, Facebook, play store and speed test. They're fine. Only DDF is slow. Tried in Idea and airtel. Same results.

Edit: Airtel is better. Idea is very bad.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is a right thread. DDF is slow recently for me. Like last few days.

I'm getting a whopping 300ms ping when I ping both ips and dreamdth.com. Browsing is very slow only in DDF. Tried Google, Facebook, play store and speed test. They're fine. Only DDF is slow. Tried in Idea and airtel. Same results.

Edit: Airtel is better. Idea is very bad.
Unsure about the cause but it is not slow for me. It is not blazing fast either. Its good with normal speed for me. I tried with Airtel, Jio, BSNL, RailWire. All give good results. I can understand about the distance latency because our servers are USA hosted.

Unsure about the cause but it is not slow for me. It is not blazing fast either. Its good with normal speed for me. I tried with Airtel, Jio, BSNL, RailWire. All give good results. I can understand about the distance latency because our servers are USA hosted.
Thanks bro. Airtel is fine for me. Idea is like very worse. It takes seconds to load the pages.

Yes, that is some really terrible loading. You should get idea internet checked in your area or just use Airtel to browse DDF.

Yes, that is some really terrible loading. You should get idea internet checked in your area or just use Airtel to browse DDF.
Has anyone checked on Vodafone or any other network? Though Idea and Vodafone are the same company, the networks can be different.
I just turned on VPN and tried. Its way better. Something is wrong with Idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock