DDF Exclusive Airtel Digital TV HD Channel List (Updated 20-Feb-2024)

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 311
  • Views: Views 211,835
I have clearly tested all thes shows from these channels from Sony Star bharat and and Star plus and they are not at all 5.1 audio ( Means the speaker test) although the channel says Dolby Logo! I just wanna confirm with you guys to double check from your side! Coz these channels sounds stereo 2.0 which means all the sounds comes on speakers! Iam only getting colours and few channels as 5.1 Audio!!

If iam wrong Can u please test the 5.1 Audio output! I beleive u are aware how 5.1 audio works!
Coz i need to raise a Issue to Airtel for Downgrading the channel and faking the advertisment! So please confirm from your side!!
Thanks
It's complicated with the satellite channels. Besides the center speaker, both the front speakers will produce dialogue in many Dolby enabled satellite channels. You can test this by simply disconnecting the center speaker or by turning it off in the amplifier if you have such option. However, rear speakers only produce music. Remember that all this happens only with the supported content. Most of the content is just 2.1 although the channel itself is 5.1. Amplifier upscaling also comes into the picture on the stereo channels, however, on the Dolby enabled channels, amplifier will simply pass the signal through and won't upscale.

It's complicated with the satellite channels. Besides the center speaker, both the front speakers will produce dialogue in many Dolby enabled satellite channels. You can test this by simply disconnecting the center speaker or by turning it off in the amplifier if you have such option. However, rear speakers only produce music. Remember that all this happens only with the supported content. Most of the content is just 2.1 although the channel itself is 5.1. Amplifier upscaling also comes into the picture on the stereo channels, however, on the Dolby enabled channels, amplifier will simply pass the signal through and won't upscale.

iam getting 5.1 without chanigig anything in colours channel where as Star plus and sony tv none of the shows are 5.1. Then what actually they are good for calling as dolby? When i contact the tv channel they said they are broadcasting as 5.1 and its the service providers issue!

If possible like u said above can u test these 2 channels? Weather the music only comes via fornt and speech on seperate? I just need a confirmation on these channels so that i can raise a complaint to Airtel! Much appreciated if u can help

Weather the music only comes via fornt and speech on seperate?
Like I said dialogue comes from the front speakers as well for almost all the Dolby enabled Star and Sony channels. For instance, Star Maa HD behaves the same way, dialogue is produced from fronts also even in the Dolby content they telecast such as Baahubali 2, KGF etc.,

Like I said dialogue comes from the front speakers as well for almost all the Dolby enabled Star and Sony channels. For instance, Star Maa HD behaves the same way, dialogue is produced from fronts also even in the Dolby content they telecast such as Baahubali 2, KGF etc.,
if u are 100% sure then i think i need to change my Audio system!! coz i am getting only colours tv as true 5.1 star plus and sony Tv never

Vijay Super HD not a Dolby Audio only Dolby Symbol shows But Audio output is Stereo Left and Right Audio
T4gHBXC.jpg

@Siva bro Airtel has total 90 HD channels including the HD service channel. You didn't add Zee Picchar HD in the list.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock