DTH updates Airtel Digital TV Q3 operating profit drops to Rs 544.1 cr

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Telco Bharti Airtel’s direct to home (DTH) arm Airtel Digital has posted an operating profit of Rs 544.1 crore for the quarter ended 31st December as against Rs 560.7 crore in the trailing quarter. The company’s EBITDA margin stood at 68.7% compared to 71%.

During the quarter, the DTH operator added 101,000 subscribers compared to 181,000 in Q2. The average revenue per user (ARPU) remained flat at Rs 162 while the monthly churn increased to 1.8% from 1.6%. As of 31st December 2019, the DTH had 16.3 million customers at the end of the quarter, which represents an increase of 0.6%, as compared to the previous quarter.

Airtel Digital TV Q3 operating profit drops to Rs 544.1 cr

ARPU just Rs. 162 when NCF itself is Rs. 153 for primary connection, even avg. operator share must be upwards of Rs. 200 - 250 per consumer . I am not able to put together how this figure has been arrived at
Get rid of 0 day lock in policy. Extend it to 1 day. ARPU increases.

Get rid of 0 day lock in policy. Extend it to 1 day. ARPU increases.

Even with 0 day lock in NCF deduction is not impacted, lock in is only for channel subscription . If one does not opt for channels still Rs. 153 will be charged per month. So how can ARPU be Rs. 162 only unless they r counting deactive users while calculating this

ARPU just Rs. 162 when NCF itself is Rs. 153 for primary connection, even avg. operator share must be upwards of Rs. 200 - 250 per consumer . I am not able to put together how this figure has been arrived at
Many don't recharge monthly. Some recharge 100-150rs and just watch however many days it comes.

Many don't recharge monthly. Some recharge 100-150rs and just watch however many days it comes.

Yes, which is why i said they calculated ARPU counting in deactive users too. Also those dropping chs same day r quite tiny and even they must be having min Rs. 200 monthly bill bcoz of some pay channels taken additionally. Also other users must be having atleast Rs. 250 -300 ARPU. Rs. 163 cannot be right, just operator share going by logic should be about Rs. 200

Yes, which is why i said they calculated ARPU counting in deactive users too. Also those dropping chs same day r quite tiny and even they must be having min Rs. 200 monthly bill bcoz of some pay channels taken additionally. Also other users must be having atleast Rs. 250 -300 ARPU. Rs. 163 cannot be right, just operator share going by logic should be about Rs. 200
They are not deactive users when they pay for some part of the month. These people form a significant part of DTH customers since its a prepaid service.
And 153rs is the actual NCF from most of the rest of the userbase since not many choose more than 100 channels in packs even if they get bills of 300-400rs. .
But yes, this is loottel you can never trust them.

Last edited:
They are not deactive users when they pay for some part of the month. These people form a significant part of DTH customers since its a prepaid service.
And 153rs is the actual NCF from most of the rest of the userbase since not many choose more than 100 channels in packs even if they get bills of 300-400rs. .
But yes, this is loottel you can never trust them.

Well those not recharging be it for any duration will come under deactive category for that part, what i want to say is that ARPU becomes less if they r counted otherwise min ARPU cannot be less than Rs. 200

Well those not recharging be it for any duration will come under deactive category for that part, what i want to say is that ARPU becomes less if they r counted otherwise min ARPU cannot be less than Rs. 200
They are counted as active since they are active every month.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock