Airtel DTH and ESPN Star Sports smoke peace pipe

jayanji

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: It was a spat, which was in the works for almost six months. But now it has been resolved - amicably, at least if one goes by a press release issued by ESPN Star Sports (ESS).
Though details are not available on what the terms are ESS has signed a multi-year agreement with Airtel Digital TV to enable distribution of its channels Star Cricket, Star Sports, Star Sports 2, ESPN, Star Cricket HD and ESPN HD on the latter's DTH platform.

Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge> Airtel DTH and ESPN Star Sports smoke peace pipe

ESS currently has the television broadcast rights of an enviable list of leading sporting events across various categories. In cricket, ESS has broadcast rights of the International Cricket Council, BCCI international and domestic cricket, Cricket Australia, England and Wales Cricket Board and the Champions League T20. In soccer, ESS holds broadcast rights for Barclays Premier League, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, the English FA Cup and England international matches. In Motorsports, ESS has broadcast rights for F1 and Moto GP. In tennis, the sports broadcaster showcases Wimbledon and Australian Open besides the Men’s ATP Tour/ ATP Masters series. In Golf, ESS showcases The Masters, The US Open, The Open Championship and the One Asia Tour.

As The Result Of Sahara Pulling Out Of Indian Cricket Team Sponsorship,

Airtel Will Take Over Sponsorship Of Indian Cricket Team

I hope monopoly does not arise of Star India in sports world as that would not be good for pocket of customers

Though Airtel Digital TV Will Start Providing Whatever The Channels Launching From ESPN Star!

So Expect Star Sports 4 Too Very Soon

I Think It's Testing In Asiasat 3S

One more possibility is there.... they dont like tobuse FOX brand in India... Fox action movies was renamed. So.. the current FOX SPORTS NEWS cud also be renamed as a star channel. :p

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock