Airtel has NTSC?

jeganeee

Reaction score
Whether Airtel has NTSC option (1080i @ 60Hx for USA Tvs)? or D2H is the only DTH which has this option?

Can u please check in HD setting,whether there is a option 1080i @ 60Hz ? Just to make sure..Bcoz i love Airtel and i dont wanna move to D2h only for this option

Yes, I had a Sony Bravia KDL32S5100 which I bought in US. I used it with Airtel HD DTH till May-2015. This was the same question I had in 2010 when I came back from US and Airtel HD did support the TV. Your model might also work.

Hey, Thanks. So u r saying Airtel supports NTSC? Why I am asking again is: Most of the ppl and forum says only D2h supports NTSC. If u r still using ur NTSC tv with Airtel without any PAL to NTSC converter, let me know. Also can u please tell us how Airtel setting need to be changed, so that it will help everyone.

jeganeee said:
Hey, Thanks. So u r saying Airtel supports NTSC? Why I am asking again is: Most of the ppl and forum says only D2h supports NTSC. If u r still using ur NTSC tv with Airtel without any PAL to NTSC converter, let me know. Also can u please tell us how Airtel setting need to be changed, so that it will help everyone.
NTSC/PAL doesn't matter as long as you use HDMI cable. I'm not using that TV right now, sold it.

Airtel HD Set-top box was defaulted to 576i resolution. I had to first connect the Set-top box to TV using a/v cable. And then went to settings and changed resolution to 1080i. After that I connected with HDMI cable and everything was set.

Even that setting should show 1080i @50Hz , 1080i @60Hz right? Else even if u connect thru HDMI cable with 1080i@50Hz option, picture ll come in black and white or it will show Format not supported error?

jeganeee said:
Even that setting should show 1080i @50Hz , 1080i @60Hz right? Else even if u connect thru HDMI cable with 1080i@50Hz option, picture ll come in black and white or it will show Format not supported error?
No, it just says 1080i. So, it should work for both I guess.

As far as I know Airtel does not have the option to set the STB output frequency to 60Hz. Therefore it is very unlikely that it will support NTSC TV.

prajasingham said:
As far as I know Airtel does not have the option to set the STB output frequency to 60Hz. Therefore it is very unlikely that it will support NTSC TV.
Did you read my earlier posts in this thread? Airtel HD Set-top box supports NTSC TV via HDMI cable. I used it for 5 years!!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock