Problems with channel selection on Airtel Black DTH packs

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Recently, I subscribed to the Airtel Black Broadband+DTH plan priced at 1599+ tax. After an upfront payment of 3300 INR, I received complimentary installation of DTH, including the antenna, Android box, and the internet router.

However, I am facing issues with the DTH channel options provided by Airtel. According to the offer, I can select 350 INR worth of TV channels for free, but the channel selection process is not convenient for me.

Airtel has customized several packs with the Black plans, and despite being offered 350 INR worth of TV channels, I have only two pack options in the Odia language. I must choose between the "Odia premium family HD pack" priced at 350 INR or the "Odia mega HD pack" priced at 550 INR (with an additional 200 INR per month).

I opted for the 350 INR pack, but I am missing some of my preferred channels, and I am receiving channels that I don't watch.

I usually watch the following channels:

• All Odia language channels
  • Star Sports Hindi HD 1
  • Sony Ten 3 HD
  • Sports 18 1 HD
  • All Infotainment channels
  • Colors HD
  • Zee TV HD
While this pack includes most of the channels, I am missing some, such as Sports 18 1 HD/SD, Sony Ten 3 HD, and Zee TV HD.

Initially, I thought I could modify the pack by including NCF+Bouquet+A-la-carte channels. Unfortunately, with the Black plan, I am restricted by Airtel's policy to select a base pack from 350 or 550. Subsequently, I can only add a-la-carte channels at an extra cost, and there is no option to choose any broadcaster bouquets. This limitation is inconvenient as I am now paying for channels I don't watch while missing out on my favorite channels and for my fav channels I have to pay extra.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Last edited:
Not only for Odia.. This is the case for Tamil too bro.

In the Airtel app, for a normal customer, it shows many packs but for the Black plan, it only shows 1 or 2 packs that is already 350 or more including NCF.

Not only for Odia.. This is the case for Tamil too bro.

In the Airtel app, for a normal customer, it shows many packs but for the Black plan, it only shows 1 or 2 packs that is already 350 or more including NCF.
Try to change the pack with Trai channel selector.

Airtel Black is waste one, minimum Tamil plan is 320 but you won't get any HD channels.You have to watch what they are giving.You can't get any normal packs.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock