AIRTEL HD - Remote controller goes unresponsive

• Thread starter Thread starter Bowchicka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 13
  • Views Views: Views 16,869
check the remote IR bulb blinks or not when you press any button during that unresponsive time. You can check this using any camera. If it works the problem may not be with the remote. The fault could be in STB. You said that you got Airtel DTH installed today. So, it might be possible that you got a faulty product. It's better to contact CC and ask for replacement.

I use TS and there is no child lock feature in remote. I'm sure that Airtel remote doesn't have this feature either.

Thank you. Yes it was blinking. Like u said,I'm sure the problem is with setup box.

.check the remote IR bulb blinks or not when you press any button during that unresponsive time. You can check this using any camera. If it works the problem may not be with the remote. The fault could be in STB.
It's not necessary that if led is blinking then remote is ok. 1 month back my remote was not working but the led was blinking everytime I press any button & the led of stb was also blinking. So, it's not necessary that remote will be defective only when led doesn't blink, it can be defective while blinking also.

Last edited:
It's not necessary that if led is blinking then remote is ok. 1 month back my remote was not working but the led was blinking everytime I press any button & the led of stb was also blinking. So, it's not necessary that remote will be defective only when led doesn't blink.
I know that, Bro. That's why I've written this. And that is the first thing to check.
If it works the problem may not be with the remote.
One of my remote stopped working but the led blinks. Sometimes it worked when I hit it. So, I checked it and found that one of the component inside the remote was loose. I soldered it and it started working.

check the remote IR bulb blinks or not when you press any button during that unresponsive time. You can check this using any camera. If it works the problem may not be with the remote. The fault could be in STB.
That's what I am saying, if led is blinking & remote is not responding then the issue can be in remote also. Not necessary that there is some problem in stb

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom