Breaking Airtel in advanced talks to buy Tata Play

• Thread starter Thread starter SPANDAN
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 190
  • Views Views: Views 25,324
Again apart from dedicated favorite LCN missing on Airtel i believe User Interface, Remote Control of Airtel Digital TV is also lot better than Tata Play boxes which have come out in last 5 years....LCN Realignment will happen soon and same has been pending bcoz of valid reasons as discussed before too
Yeah it's is your believeness only

Okay, I know that I'm very late to this thread. I was away from this forum for a while and this was the first thing which caught my eye. And... Holy Schnikes! Never in my wildest dreams I dreamt about Airtel Digital TV and Tata Play merging. I always thought Tata Play was thriving and successful but only after seeing this thread I understood they were in deep debts. Guess I need to familiarise myself with DTH financials more.

I read here that Airtel customers might need to change their dish direction after the acquisition, wouldn't it cause unnecessary hiccups for the regular customer. Most people here on this forum are well aware of the technicalities involved in DTH but I don't think the average end consumer is. Over here in Tamil Nadu I'm starting to see a pattern where Airtel Digital TV is slowly replacing Sun Direct, houses which had Sun Direct dishes once are now propped up with Airtel dishes. These people I'm talking about are mostly from lower and upper middle class and some are uneducated. They don't know anything about DTH they just turn on the TV, watch, turn it off. I can't think what they'll do when suddenly their TV goes black one day. These people do not know about this acquisition and does not care. Wouldn't this risk losing a percentage of customers for the newly formed entity?

I can't think what they'll do when suddenly their TV goes black one day. These people do not know about this acquisition and does not care. Wouldn't this risk losing a percentage of customers for the newly formed entity?
It'll be done in such a way that no subscribers will have any issues. They'll migrate slowly by informing the subscribers to relocate the dish which will be done by ADTV Team. Until migration complete no blackout will happen. This is how they've done in past from INSAT to SES migration.

It'll be done in such a way that no subscribers will have any issues. They'll migrate slowly by informing the subscribers to relocate the dish which will be done by ADTV Team. Until migration complete no blackout will happen. This is how they've done in past from INSAT to SES migration.
Thanks for the insightful reply!

Offtopic - When Dish tv acquired D2h also, they changed the antenna direction to ST2 after raising the request for south customers.
No issues faced.
Hope Airtel will continue 1 satellite for Airtel & Tatasky unlike dish tv - d2h , which is the main reason for their failure ( North- South 2 satellites) .

Back
Top Bottom