Airtel xstream box sound format's

By the way do you observe any dolby sound quality issue?

I observed even Dolby sounds like PCM, so I roll back to default auto option version 2.2.3

Yes, audio is not like an original Dolby sounds. Even my old HD box gave proper Dolby surrounds. This one not giving much surround experience.

Why you rollback to 2.2.3? You wont get manual audio option know?

Yes, audio is not like an original Dolby sounds. Even my old HD box gave proper Dolby surrounds. This one not giving much surround experience.

Why you rollback to 2.2.3? You won't get the manual audio option to know?

I feel like 2.2.36 even bad compare to 2.2.3 in Dolby sounds.

You might have been observed in 2.2.36, fist choose some manual options to select all encodings atmos dd dd+, ect.., then move to the auto option, then go and see manual options selected by auto function, it is choosing only the encoding supported by your AV receiver ( in my case my Onkyo is not atmos, so itis deselected), this means the auto function is working good compare to the manual, the idea of imposing auto in 2.2.3 without a manual is a good idea, but somehow it loses the quality of DD , it's just sounding like PCM.

I have other Airtel Internet TV stb ( the LG manufacture ) still that give very well DD.

Xtream looks to me very low-quality hardware and software

The second problem with Xtream is it upscales every PCM channel also to DD+ irrelevant of auto or manual options, which is a bad idea. because this software change even DD channel sounds like PCM

Last edited:
In my XStream box, the firmware version is 2.2.3, I don't have the option to choose manually, let me know how can upgrade or downgrade the firmware Manually / offline without calling customer care or connecting dish. where I can get the firmware file....looking for support

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock