Discussion Airtel Xstream STBs doesn't support both DOLBY ATMOS & UltrHD ( HDCP 2.2/2.3)

XStream box does support 4K and Dolby Atmos . Check settings on ur TV and box if u r unable to get access to /enable both these features while playing content. Sometimes certain apps itself do not support these features or even if app does provide some content in 4K Resolution and Dolby Atmos Audio but App designed for a particular device do not support the same and these r enabled later thru software updates by the concerned app. For latter issue u need to contact App Team as Airtel won't b able to help on this

Lastly Airtel Tech Team have great knowledge about all things , posses great skills/expertise and have access to latest tools to address issues as well as constantly work on improving the products alongwith coming up with various new innovations. You can even request airtel customer care to forward ur query to product team who would connect with u to address the query. They can even remotely access ur box to check issues

Recently 4K and Dolby Atmos has been enabled on YouTube App available on Airtel XStream Set Top Box

XStream box does support 4K and Dolby Atmos . Check settings on ur TV and box if u r unable to get access to /enable both these features while playing content. Sometimes certain apps itself do not support these features or even if app does provide some content in 4K Resolution and Dolby Atmos Audio but App designed for a particular device do not support the same and these r enabled later thru software updates by the concerned app. For latter issue u need to contact App Team as Airtel won't b able to help on this

Lastly Airtel Tech Team have great knowledge about all things , posses great skills/expertise and have access to latest tools to address issues as well as constantly work on improving the products alongwith coming up with various new innovations. You can even request airtel customer care to forward ur query to product team who would connect with u to address the query. They can even remotely access ur box to check issues

Recently 4K and Dolby Atmos has been enabled on YouTube App available on Airtel XStream Set Top Box

If you read my first post, without changing any settings on my TV and AV receiver, firestick is playing ATMOS same move same OTT, and this itself explains the ATMOS issue on Xtream.

In your AV Receiver latest, you will have Game HDMI port HDCP 2.3/2.2 and choose the Enhanced ULTR 4k option in your AV receiver,
and connect Xstrem, you will see only the screen Blinking, and not the picture, and put Firestick in the same HDMI port you will see Real 4k Ultra HD.

By the way, you need to have HDMI 2.1 cables, on your connctions.

whic AV Reciver ?
which OTT move you are played , i will alos try it ?

>> Lastly Airtel Tech Team have great knowledge about all things

I did my master in Electroncs and i am working on Transcoding , I can undrstand the tecinical content.

>> Recently 4K and Dolby Atmos has been enabled on YouTube App available on Airtel XStream Set Top Box

Are you saying ATMOS 7.1 , best of my knowedge i can see only Dolby digiatal 5.1 is enabled on Yotube ?

Last edited:
Yes Netflix ULTR subscription this subscription only supports Atmos.
Xstream box hotstar app does not supported dolbyatmos. Only supported dd+. Now i realized my memory bro. I am checked vikram in appletv and xstream box. Appletv tv supported atmos. Xstream only supported dd+. But netflix atmos content supported atmos audio in xstrea box.

-Check the settings on ur tv and box
- there may be certain compatibility issue in ur TV , install latest software on the TV or contact LG for assistance in this regard
- Incase certain app has compatibility issue with ur TV then it may also restrict availability of certain features. Contact App Support team for this

Before all this u need to check which Apps provide 4K, Dolby Atmos feature on their App designed for Airtel XStream Box. If App itself does not provide so then LG or Airtel cannot b of any help in this issue

Last edited:
- there may be certain compatibility issue in ur TV , install latest software on the TV or contact LG for assistance in this regard
- Incase certain app has compatibility issue with ur TV then it may also restrict availability of certain features. Contact App Support team for this

Before all this u need to check which Apps provide 4K, Dolby Atmos feature on their App designed for Airtel XStream Box. If App itself does not provide so then LG or Airtel cannot b of any help in this issue
Bro if u have av receiver. Dont need for tv setting.

Without changing the anything on TV and AV Reciever, firstck play ATMOS for the same OTT and Same move, same HDMI port, and Xstream is NOT ,

i believe this explains.

Are you using the ATMOS setup at your home? , or just saying what you belive ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock