Aligning dish to get weak Tp channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashok L
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 12
  • Views Views: Views 3,231

Ashok L

Contributor
Reaction score
Guys I request some experts to post about realigning dish to get weak Tp channels so that we can save technician visit charges....
Already shawl bro aligned dish by himself I think...

Yes, but I knew how to align d dish... :)

if u are not aware, then pls dont try it urself, as u may loose signals completely :s

shawl_who said:
if u are not aware, then pls dont try it urself, as u may loose signals completely :s

yeah thats only i was abt to say ..

shawl_who said:

yeah thats only i was coming abt to say ..

Spending 150 Rs is not a big deal. But I don't want to waste my money and time with less knowledged and inefficient technician and CC...

As of now getting all channels I am watching....
Only non watchable channels getting on that tp

My suggestion is to do it yourself on a day you are not likely to watch anything important on TV so if you lose signal you can call the technician. In my view its not difficult because each bolt/screw has different movement so you can easily fix it without too much fiddling.

You will need a spanner or similar tool to loosen bolts and a screwdriver in case of screws. There are basically only 2 ways to adjust a dish if you ignore the lnb skew.

1. Elevation. Which is the up down angle of the dish. In the case of 11480 V transponder only loosening this bolt is required to get signal and moving it downward by a minute amount.

2. Azimuth is the left-right rotation and fine tuning 11480 V does not require adjustment to this rotation. So no need to rotate the dish for your problem.

So basically you need to loosen the bolt lower the dish by a microscopic amount and check the signal. I am currently getting above 10 yellow bar signal quality in Hero STB. You can mark the current elevation angle with pencil before proceeding.

Honestly speaking it's a simple task. Anyway when testing signal make sure no one's hands are not touching dish as it grounds the signal and weakens it.

If you Make aligning your own.then keep some one to assist you.other wise you will be frustrated :angry with those minor movements.keep some one at tv and some one beside you. :) :tup

Ashok L said:
Thanks iphifi and Shawl bro....
Do I have loose both screws on the bracket

Yes loosen both of these a bit then it will start moving within that groove. No need to remove fully.

Back
Top Bottom