Good News All ABP news channels revamped

• Thread starter Thread starter Amit1079
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 37
  • Views Views: Views 13,488
New logo and score is just terrible. Is not meant for a news channel. Also going pay will be a stupid decision seeing daily soap nautanki channels like Banana gaining popularity with nautanki.

Only abp news's logo & scroll banners in 16:9, regional are still in 4:3
But due to one scroll line banner all channels have good viewing experience, especially in 4:3 ratio regional channels.

Only problem with semi transparent scroll bar with headline.

I like the new ABP logos. They are modern and simple. I always felt that the previous logos were a remnant of the Star News days (similar shape and style), and needed to be changed to reflect ABP's independence.

I don’t know why the **** the logos are in the bottom left corner. It is very unnatural to see.

I think they are also copying American channels like MSNBC and Fox News, which also display the logo on bottom left corner. CNN displays it on the bottom right corner. In the US, it is rare for any logos to be at the top. That is more the UK and EU standard.

Also I like the Cleaner UI with smaller ticker bars.More Indian Channels should have a cleaner UI.

Completely agree! My complaint with Indian news channels is that sometimes there's too many flashy animations going on. Compare with foreign channels and it is mostly clean, calm and pleasant to look at. The text and visuals are sharp. I like that ABP News is taking a step in that direction.

GX7rOHp.jpg

SjFIdpp.jpg

OfZSq3V.jpg

eRABNJT.jpg

X7PBgLi.jpg

tkgYxTt.jpg
ABP Ganga is not available on InCable in Mumbai Suburban

I like the new ABP logos. They are modern and simple. I always felt that the previous logos were a remnant of the Star News days (similar shape and style), and needed to be changed to reflect ABP's independence.

I think they are also copying American channels like MSNBC and Fox News, which also display the logo on bottom left corner. CNN displays it on the bottom right corner. In the US, it is rare for any logos to be at the top. That is more the UK and EU standard.

Almost all American channels use the bottom right corner; only Fox News uses the bottom left and sports channels use the top right. But outside the Americas and Australia, the standard corner is the top right or often the top left. Of course, ABP Ganga always had the logo in the bottom left, but I thought that was an aberration or exception: now ABP has shifted completely to the bottom left, the way Zee shifted to the top left in 2017. The bottom left is extremely rare in most countries, and in India only the Jaya and Kalaignar networks (along with some others like WION) are known to use it, along with a handful of Kannada and Malayalam news channels.

In any case, the logos keep alternating between the arrow symbol and the channel name, which should not have been the case. Even if they had to use the bottom left corner, at least they should have kept a straightforward ABP News, Ananda, etc. logo with the name below the symbol. The moving logo is very distracting after a while.

Also note that certain channels like NDTV 24x7, NDTV India, NDTV Good Times, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior and Headlines Today (now India Today) moved from the bottom left to the top right in 2011–2015 as the top right is the standard. To see ABP move in the opposite direction is extremely strange to me.

That said, these are minor quibbles, and overall the ABP rebrand is very successful in my opinion. ABP Ananda in particular was extremely dated since it had never rebranded even once since 2005 and had the same music all these 15 years, so this was much-needed.

Last edited:
No one noticed that it's clear cut copy of DDIndia with some flavour added of old ABPNews.
But, no doubt it's looking beautiful ♥

Indeed, for me, it is currently one of the most beautiful TV news presentations in India. I wouldn't say it's a clear cut copy of DD India, because the colors/fonts are different. DD India needs to improve its fonts/graphics. They all look like standard fonts that are available on everyone's computer. Most professional channels will only use designer fonts. The time format below the logo looks odd for a TV presentation, and they should stick with prominent cities only. San Francisco is not one of them. ABP News slowed down its ticker, so even if the frame rate is still 25fps, the animation still looks smooth. DD India's ticker moves too fast so it appears jittery at 25fps. In the West, most HD news channels use 60fps to avoid this jittery effect. Meanwhile, I didn't find any of these design issues with ABP News, so they've clearly had help from a global firm.

More about the ABP redesign
The new identity is created by Saffron Brand Consultants, an independent global brand consultancy based in Madrid, Spain, which has clients like Facebook, Tata, and L&T. Although this is their first association with a news channel. Pandey said the issue they were trying to solve is that all news channels look and feel the same which is why they chose Saffron as they wanted to bring a fresh perspective towards TV news.

Speaking about their partnership with ABP Network, Jacob Benbunan, Co-founder and CEO, Saffron, said being approached by ABP was exciting because it’s an organisation that touches people every day. “We wanted the symbol of ABP News to really be able to move, to be dynamic and show what news and breaking news are. We developed this idea of the compass and by doing this, we believe we introduced a powerful element, which tells us where the right source of information and news is,” he said.

“When we started to work on this, we realised it’s a fantastic opportunity to convey what the ABP network stood for. This is a fundamental substance that every engagement that we carry includes what is the strategy behind the design expression for this,” he added.

Benbunan said they also wanted to do away with ABP’s association with Star. He said the arrow point was in a little box which they wanted to free. The logo needed to complement the network’s digital presence. Along with the logo, the overall look of the channel is also changing, which Benbunan said is inspired by Indian fabric.

“The logo is just the signature, from a visual language there was a wonderful opportunity to reflect the variety, diversity, and beauty that India has, which gets manifested through its textiles, across the fabric. The fabric conveys the idea of the different threads that make Indian society. We thought of using different patterns in the background using the colours of red and gold as the elements of threads that would create this fabric. The red thread unites all the manifestation of ABP News; beyond that, a new font has been developed which conveys the idea of dynamism,” he said.

Benbunan said that they are trying to move away from identities that are very similar to other networks. “We are moving from a very static symbol identity similar to other TV networks to a very unique and moving identity with differentiated attractive elements and assets that make the system. It is moving away from the danger of becoming vanilla and soulless like many channels in India which by the way are designed to look international channels instead of something genuinely Indian,” he said.
Source: How ABP Network reinvents the identity of its seven news brands

Back
Top Bottom