Seeking Help Any way to get Recorded TV programs on PC ?

IamTRoy4

Reaction score
I'm a Airtel DTH user since 2010, upgraded to HD last year. I sometimes record TV programs via flashdrive on STB, but whenever I insert that drive on my Laptop, it asks format. I've 64GB SanDisk ultra, formatted in NTFS.

So here my question is, any way to copy those recorded files without formatting to my Laptop?

【I know DTH won't allow users to do that, 'cause it's illegal. But I just want to know if there's any other way or not..】

I'm a Airtel DTH user since 2010, upgraded to HD last year. I sometimes record TV programs via flashdrive on STB, but whenever I insert that drive on my Laptop, it asks format. I've 64GB SanDisk ultra, formatted in NTFS.

So here my question is, any way to copy those recorded files without formatting to my Laptop?

【I know DTH won't allow users to do that, 'cause it's illegal. But I just want to know if there's any other way or not..】
Look, most stb supports only FAT32 format. Not NTFS. What i know that you can't transfer recorded files on PC. Their file systems are highly secured. TV tuner card might be helpful but you can watch old shows from their website.

The set top boxes (except the recently launched smart boxes) generally use variants of Linux Kernel as their operating system. And the file system used by linux is different from windows OS. The "ext" file system is most commonly used in linux, which cannot be read by a windows PC. That's why whenever you insert a pendrive used on a STB your PC asks to format it.

There are workarounds using third party apps which makes your windows PC to read the ext file system. Even after accessing the pendrive, you may not be able to play the content due to encryption and codec issues. The recordings are usually stored in .ts, .str, .trp formats which are not natively supported by media players used on windows.

However as you mentioned yourself it is illegal and against the HDCP and DRM rights to access/convert/tamper with the recordings. And it is not advisable to discuss about it in public on this forum.

The recordings are usually stored in .ts, .str, .trp formats which are not natively supported by media players used on windows.
I tried almost everything, now I think time to give it up & watch shows repeat on streaming apps.
kLZqKzN.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock