• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums
    An online community for the television enthusiasts!

Seeking Help Any way to get Recorded TV programs on PC ?

IamTRoy4

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a Airtel DTH user since 2010, upgraded to HD last year. I sometimes record TV programs via flashdrive on STB, but whenever I insert that drive on my Laptop, it asks format. I've 64GB SanDisk ultra, formatted in NTFS.

So here my question is, any way to copy those recorded files without formatting to my Laptop?

【I know DTH won't allow users to do that, 'cause it's illegal. But I just want to know if there's any other way or not..】

Rajat Basak

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a Airtel DTH user since 2010, upgraded to HD last year. I sometimes record TV programs via flashdrive on STB, but whenever I insert that drive on my Laptop, it asks format. I've 64GB SanDisk ultra, formatted in NTFS.

So here my question is, any way to copy those recorded files without formatting to my Laptop?

【I know DTH won't allow users to do that, 'cause it's illegal. But I just want to know if there's any other way or not..】
Look, most stb supports only FAT32 format. Not NTFS. What i know that you can't transfer recorded files on PC. Their file systems are highly secured. TV tuner card might be helpful but you can watch old shows from their website.

mmadhankumar

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The set top boxes (except the recently launched smart boxes) generally use variants of Linux Kernel as their operating system. And the file system used by linux is different from windows OS. The "ext" file system is most commonly used in linux, which cannot be read by a windows PC. That's why whenever you insert a pendrive used on a STB your PC asks to format it.

There are workarounds using third party apps which makes your windows PC to read the ext file system. Even after accessing the pendrive, you may not be able to play the content due to encryption and codec issues. The recordings are usually stored in .ts, .str, .trp formats which are not natively supported by media players used on windows.

However as you mentioned yourself it is illegal and against the HDCP and DRM rights to access/convert/tamper with the recordings. And it is not advisable to discuss about it in public on this forum.

IamTRoy4

Registered
Reaction score
The recordings are usually stored in .ts, .str, .trp formats which are not natively supported by media players used on windows.
I tried almost everything, now I think time to give it up & watch shows repeat on streaming apps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sivakumar79 Recorded Programs in old LCN number itself. Airtel Digital TV 2
R Recorded programs play in pc? Airtel Digital TV 11
sreevajhala Programs automatically recorded.. Cannot Delete Tata Sky 9
A Unable to view Recorded programs in my Tata sky hd plus Tata Sky 3
DreamDTH.com Article Sports channels recorded the highest increase in Ads during week 13 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
KrisH 22 Guys ...How to Play Recorded Content in Airtel Internet Tv Stb ?? Airtel Internet TV 0
A recorded series episodes grouping lost with downgrade from evo12 to old UI Tata Sky+ HD 2
Manu Seeking Help i have Tata sky HD PLUS...How to download Recorded shows without Recharge Tata Sky+ HD 4
chandu Seeking Help Transfer/Copy Programmes Recorded to computer/laptop d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 2
TirumalHD Recorded files Dish TV HD 5
imurreflection Watch another selected HD channel while other one is being recorded Dish TV HD 1
King77 Playing / Converting , Recorded extracts from Dish TV Dish TV HD 0
Adithya Vikram Mecca Madina Showing Recorded Contents Reliance Digital TV 5
sriwaits4u Recorded program not able to view after change of package Airtel Digital TV 7
P how to watch a video recorded in dish tv in a computer windows 7? Dish TV Lanka 2
Richard Recorded Shows Sun Direct 4
M how to open recorded pendrive in pc Dish TV HD 1
K want to know how to watch stb recorded content on pc General DTH News & Discussions 4
J How to play sun dth recorded videos in pc or mobile. Sun Direct 1
M.J.Sadiq Did You Know: SPB has recorded the maximum number of songs in a single day South Indian Films 0
R Why DTH Operators Encrypt the Recorded Files on USB General DTH News & Discussions 3
balayanka3 How to watch recorded Adtv videos in mobile phones? Airtel Digital TV 2
I How to play recorded video files in ubuntu operating system d2h HD 6
D ADTV HD-DVR freeze during booting or sometime during accessing HDD r recorded program Airtel Digital TV HD DVR 8
K How to copy recorded movie to pc Airtel Digital TV 11