Arasu Cable creating new LCO? Pros & Cons.

If new LCO's emerge in your area with Arasu Cable's support will you move to them (Anonymous Voting)

• Yes, Arasu is my Choice and LCO doesnt matter.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No, I will stay with my current LCO and MSO doesnt matter.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
I support Arasu's new LCO.:sp

I dunno what really hurts Chennai LCO interms of joining with Arasu..?.

If they join arasu, they will be getting similar Rs.60-70/connection (Mininmum 100Rs subscription fee/connection) as same as SCV analog share.

Only problem is Arasu has CAS license alone..If LCOs unite with Arasu even DAS license wont be an issue..

SCV is only to protect Sun group of channels not for people..:wall

aravindan said:

If they join arasu, they will be getting similar Rs.60-70/connection (Mininmum 100Rs subscription fee/connection) as same as SCV analog share.

Only problem is Arasu has CAS license alone..If LCOs unite with Arasu even DAS license wont be an issue..

well said!

aravindan said:

Yes, but i think there could be more than what it really appears to be.

1: May be SCV forgos a part of the collection when it comes to CAS (min 20-30%) as LCO's always show a smaller number and this helps LCO's in a lot ways, but Arasu may go one step ahead and ask for the exact number as the spending from Arasu's part is way higher due to the huge list of Pay channels in Analogue which SCV doesn't.

Recently LCO's under Arasu has raised the monthly subscription from Rs 100 (already Rs 30 higher than Arasu) to Rs 130 in Madurai and have planned for further raise as Arasu could be pressing for the right numbers. The reason LCO's give to people is that the number of pay channels have gone up so the subscription increases while Arasu has clarified that there is no such hike from its end and no plans for future too and warns of an action if such things continue and wants LCO to stick to Rs 70 per month.

This could be why no LCO in chennai are interested in DAS as it will expose the exact numbers to the MSO and things may become difficult.

2: DAS license doesn't seem to be an issue here, these people seem to be just using it. We all know how TN stood different from rest of the nation and has its own rules and opposes others, so unless TN Govt wants no DAS can be forced upon.

3: Also LCO's might fear that the cable tv business in Chennai might become like Tasmac with government salary to staffs which may not be taken well by them as LCO's always wants to be the boss.

4: And on top of all if Arasu enters Chennai then its online payment system could become a huge hit as most people would prefer online payments and this wont be taken well by the LCO's.

So LCO's doesn't seem to need just the Rs.60-70/connection (Mininmum 100Rs subscription fee/connection) but some more money.... even more money..... and wants to be the Boss with no interference from the MSO.

But for the benefit of one and all Arasu should come with or without its own LCO's and provide the people of Chennai a better and a worthful choice.

An Important issue to discuss...

For the past few days, SCV started to provide STB quality
(worst) in analog connection...

Have anyone noticed that picture and sound clarity becomes worst which looks they're broadcasting using set top boxes (coding number arises on our TV screen oftenly)...?

Reply..

aravindan said:

Have anyone noticed that picture and sound clarity becomes worst which looks they're broadcasting using set top boxes (coding number arises on our TV screen oftenly)...?

Reply..

Yes, the quality has deteriorated and has frequent disruption with coding numbers.

aravindan said:

Reply..

Hi i dont get what you mean by STB quality worst? STB quality in analog???

aravindan said:

Reply..
If you get the LCN number on your analog cable whenever there is an interruption... it means you LCO is using feed of another MSO using a Digital STB. this is what my LCO does to give polimer and PT

It seems Chennai users are enjoying lowest cable tv subs rate in India.

Satvijay said:
If you get the LCN number on your analog cable whenever there is an interruption... it means you LCO is using feed of another MSO using a Digital STB. this is what my LCO does to give polimer and PT

But my LCO never gives any additional channel other than what SCV gives and i still used to see these numbers in few channels. :huh :huh

NinadG said:
It seems Chennai users are enjoying lowest cable tv subs rate in India.

Thats not entirely true, if we get the government service "Arasu Cable" then we can get the Analogue feed (with pay channels) at Rs 70 per month (though the Cable operator will add Rs 30 which is illegal to the bill and collect Rs 100).

But we Chennai people are struck with SCV which charges Rs 100 per month/connection and gives us only Sun network channels and some other channels that they find as non competitive, if they find any channel as competitive (no matter how popular it is) then it will be removed immediately or at-least move them to the last slots (non viewable) without notice.

Chennai has CAS which no other city has and DAS is still a day dream.

CAS rates can be found here - http://www.scv.co.in/Das_Packages_New.pdf and http://www.scv.co.in/A_LA_CARTE_RATE_WEB_New.pdf

It think SCV DAS rates are one of the cheapest in India (not the cheapest in Chennai as we have other small MSO who offer at much cheaper costs), but a very few people in Chennai have connected with STB and the LCO's don't encourage STB.

The base pack comparable to DEN and Hathway might look cheaper in Chennai, but we don't have the system of MultiTV option, so we cant get reduced price for the second TV, so for second, third and all the TV's you have to pay the full price.

Trust me CAS sucks, its better to have either Analogue or DAS.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock