Arasu says MIB can't enforce analogue switchoff in Chennai on 31 Dec '16

If You lower price of a commodity than market price, then you hv to raise something else's price to overcome the deficit.

So from where the subsidized money comes from?

Sarkar said:
If You lower price of a commodity than market price,  then you hv to raise something else's price to overcome the deficit.

Bro not only the above scheme, in Tamilnadu every house is free to use first 100 units of Electricity :tup

Arasu cable, Mineral water, free electricity and so it goes on

That's why I am asking. Where is the money coming from to subsidize all these.

Is the taxes above free limit is high compared to other states? It should be otherwise it's impossible to run economy

Sarkar said:

Is the taxes above free limit is high compared to other states? It should be otherwise it's impossible to run economy

I dont know that much details bro :shy

Sarkar said:
If You lower price of a commodity than market price,  then you hv to raise something else's price to overcome the deficit.

Sarkar said:

They wont have to raise price of anything to overcome any deficit from Arasu cable as Arasu cable itself records higher profits every year.

[font=Georgia,]TACTV’s revenue has increased from Rs. 2.44 crore in 2008-09 to Rs. 163.92 crore in 2013-14.
[/font]

[font=Georgia,]It eventually rose from Rs. 181.91 crore in 2014-15 to Rs. 217.02 crore (unaudited) in 2015-16.
[/font]
[font=Georgia,]According to the policy note, the TACTV was incurring loss till 2011-13 and subsequently increased its subscriber base and tapped revenue from private local channels resulting in profit of Rs. 5.2 crore (2012-13), Rs. 12.02 crore (2013-14), Rs. 18.46 crore (2014-15) and Rs. 32.6 crore (2015-16) after tax.

[font=Georgia,]Source: [/font]
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...ribed-to-arasu-cable/article8999771.ece[/font
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/7052-lakh-people-have-subscribed-to-arasu-cable/article8999771.ece[/font][/font][/size][/color]

This profit will increase manyfold once broadband via Arasu cable becomes a hit as its easy to connect broad band to every home in every single village via cable tv as cable tv reaches every nook and corner.

Also this profit is only for Analogue cable tv, but Arasu already has subscription from all pay channels so they wont incur additional cost to go DAS (except giving free STB to every home as promised) so once DAS is implemented they would increase the subscription cost from Rs 70 to Rs 150 which will simply double (even triple or quadruple once broad band internet is launched on a full scale) their revenue at no additional cost for Arasu.

Sarkar said:

TASMAC(Tamilnadu State Marketing Corporation) Bro,Which Is Nothing But A Liquour Shop:wall

Having More Than 6000 Shops Across TN

Annual Turnover Is More Than Rs 20000 Crores Bro

Chezhiyan said:
TASMAC(Tamilnadu State Marketing Corporation) Bro,Which Is Nothing But A Liquour Shop:wall

Having More Than 6000 Shops Across TN

Annual Turnover Is More Than Rs 20000 Crores Bro

TASMAC it itself is not a bad idea but the number of such shops is (Govt has promised to reduce it :tup ). Before TASMAC private were enjoying all these revenue and now these funds goes to people benefit schemes :clap which is a nice one. ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock