Discussion Are English GEC and English movies on TV dead?

• Thread starter karan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 3,595
it will get more viewers if they add regional feeds to them!
how infotainment channels able to telecast it bro? - I have no idea thats why asking

also huge number of movies are releasing in dubbed in theatre too
Regional content for Infotainment and Lifestyle channels are understandable.
But, I am not able to understand making regional language content for growth of English GEC and English movies!
English series and movies are meant to be watched and enjoyed in English, I believe.
If channels make multi audio for English programs, they will be killing their genre or niche.

But, I am not able to understand making regional language content for growth of English GEC and English movies!
English series and movies are meant to be watched and enjoyed in English, I believe.
If channels make multi audio for English programs, they will be killing their genre or niche.

People like me who understands the depth of comedy in my language than any language - especially if you watched Tamil(English) dubbed movies I always found I am more connected towards the movie , the same applicable to science movies.

I watched few english movies repeatedly because of dubbed content, I watched Angry birds movie repeatedly just only for dubbed humor(voice and comedy dialogues) which was available in amazon prime.

Why I want regional audio feed is there was a time when Star vijay and Sun tv used to fight and show english movies in Tamil dubbed and I never missed them(it become an habit for me).

As you said the taste is differs from person to person , to me I will prefer dubbed english movies only

You cleverly didn't include Zee Cafe who has diverse content. I am not gonna include any shows in the list. Just look at the schedule. They even have better original content. Take Koffee with Karan for example. Meanwhile English channels are getting a huge boost in coming months because of blocking of pirated sites and the pricing of OTT services.

Here's another example. You want to watch Suits. You can watch Suits on Colors Infinity along with US. Meanwhile you gotta wait for months to watch on Netflix for which you are paying ₹490 more. If you got recorder box than its better for you as you got ad-free content after midnight. The only thing you need OTT is for censorship. I don't think Marvel or network TV content needs censorship.
I dont find any single good show on zee cafe and here am talking about good international shows not indian shows like coffee with karan...and dont know what is reason behind your hate toward netflix... i see in many threads you unecessarily drag netflix but fact is that netflix is most successful ott serive worldwide and this is because of people love watching its shows and content and you cant change this fact..if you dont like netflix simply dont subscribe it

People like me who understands the depth of comedy in my language than any language - especially if you watched Tamil(English) dubbed movies I always found I am more connected towards the movie , the same applicable to science movies.

I watched few english movies repeatedly because of dubbed content, I watched Angry birds movie repeatedly just only for dubbed humor(voice and comedy dialogues) which was available in amazon prime.

Why I want regional audio feed is there was a time when Star vijay and Sun tv used to fight and show english movies in Tamil dubbed and I never missed them(it become an habit for me).

As you said the taste is differs from person to person , to me I will prefer dubbed english movies only
your voice is my voice... You said exactly what i thought Bro. Recently Colors Tamil was showing tamil dubbed moved in the noon time.

I dont find any single good show on zee cafe and here am talking about good international shows not indian shows like coffee with karan...and dont know what is reason behind your hate toward netflix... i see in many threads you unecessarily drag netflix but fact is that netflix is most successful ott serive worldwide and this is because of people love watching its shows and content and you cant change this fact..if you dont like netflix simply dont subscribe it
Lol! I was just making an example of TV and OTT.

And about my problem with Netflix. I hate Netflix's ideology and business model. That doesn't mean I hate their content. I might have problem with them playing safe like in Sacred Games we didn't have guts to address NDA allies or L.K. Advani on demolition of Babri Masjid since Trivedi's people did it. But we do needed names of Rajeev Gandhi, Indra Gandhi and Donald Trump on a fictional series. Leave all that. They better offer best experience since they are in business since last 20 years if I am not wrong.

English Movie Channels need to reduce gap between theatrical release of movie and its TV premiere.
yeah.. Avengers Infinity War was Premiered on TV just before the week when Avengers Endgame was going to release.. they took 1 year to Premiere it on TV.
Most big movies like The Fast & the Furious and Marvel Movies take 1 year to Premiere. Due to this most people who are concerned about those films end up watching it through OTT or torrents

yeah.. Avengers Infinity War was Premiered on TV just before the week when Avengers Endgame was going to release.. they took 1 year to Premiere it on TV.
Most big movies like The Fast & the Furious and Marvel Movies take 1 year to Premiere. Due to this most people who are concerned about those films end up watching it through OTT or torrents
Same is the case with every movie. Even on OTT platforms it comes very late. It takes usually 9-10 months.

This is a different scenario and agree with this one.
Vijay or SUN dubbing English series or movies to Tamil and telecasting is fine, as it matches the channel's genre.
They can do similar with Hindi serials, movies or with any other language programs.
in fact it will be odd if they telecast English series in English.

But an English GEC or English movies channel airing the shows with regional audio is not in line with the channel genre.

Same is the case with every movie. Even on OTT platforms it comes very late. It takes usually 9-10 months.
yeah.. they are available in other Countries' OTT platforms in a couple of months or so... but for Indian version of the OTTs they take so much time..
people will not stop torrenting untill these issue are taken care of

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock