Arjun’s Jai Hind 2 is Abhimanyu

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
When Action King Arjun Sarja called for a media briefing to speak about his film Abhimanyu, the general impression was that the actor was making a straight Kannada film. The film — a home production that Arjun would direct — evoked much curiosity, given that the actor's return to Sandalwood was as recent as last year, after nearly a decade of working predominantly in Tamil cinema.

But as it turns out Abhimanyu is just the title he has chosen for the Kannada version of his ambitious multi-lingual film Jai Hind 2. "Years ago, I had made a Tamil film called Jai Hind, so it is OK to call my new film Jai Hind 2. How can I do the same here? Audiences here have no idea what Jai Hind is, so I had to come up with another title," said Arjun.
Jai Hind 2 is not a sequel to his earlier film, in which he played a cop. "The film is about the burning problems in the Indian education system, and I play a common man, so if there is a sequel, it is only in the title," he said, adding that the film is dedicated to former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
And given that veteran actor Ravichandaran was also at this do, it became clear that Arjun's film was not a remake or has any connection to Ravi's Abhimanyu.
Arjun and his leading ladies Surveen Chawla and newbie Charlotte Claire will head to Mysore for an extended schedule, followed by trips to the UK, Hyderabad and Chennai.

Arjun’s Jai Hind 2 is Abhimanyu - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock