DDF Exclusive AXN SD & HD Discontinuing By Broadcaster wef 30th june 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note, on the topic of fps in sports segment, I have noticed BT Sports HD to have much greater clarity and PQ than our beloved Star Sports and many other sports channels.

I think that down the line only Hindi and other regional language movie channels and GEC's(That too due to lack of penetration of OTT to masses) and News & Sports channels will survive.The going for GEC would still be very tough due to extremely poor content on show.

Not guessing about what is the reason but Sony Pix FB page has toned down in updating posts, just 1 early morning update daily. I leave it for u to decode .... As per my view Turner might b the one who will fill the gap if it enters the merger like I m expecting Discovery to do when A&E exits Network18 partnership.

Also possible that in future this entity will launch some key international branded chs in India

Not guessing about what is the reason but Sony Pix FB page has toned down in updating posts, just 1 early morning update daily. I leave it for u to decode .... As per my view Turner might b the one who will fill the gap if it enters the merger like I m expecting Discovery to do when A&E exits Network18 partnership.

Also possible that in future this entity will launch some key international branded chs in India
but sony pix is currently having higher viewership than both HBO and WB and has pretty good content with them
if it is real movies now and mnx will have no competition other than star and will get access to much larger content

Last edited:
On a side note, on the topic of fps in sports segment, I have noticed BT Sports HD to have much greater clarity and PQ than our beloved Star Sports and many other sports channels.

U know what is difference b/w their subscription cost and above all how much money goes in content acquisition? If u compare u will notice that indian sports chs r not in good shape, majority of money goes in buying cricket rights and ad revenues come mainly from it still not quite able to recover cost... Still some other sports too get budget, now in international markets it is opposite... Subscriber pays money for content while ad dependency is minimal thus chs telecast what people want and above all prices of content rights r not too steep (when compared to returns) for one particular sport hence broadcaster is able to allocate funds properly

U know what is difference b/w their subscription cost and above all how much money goes in content acquisition? If u compare u will notice that indian sports chs r not in good shape, majority of money goes in buying cricket rights and ad revenues come mainly from it still not quite able to recover cost... Still some other sports too get budget, now in international markets it is opposite... Subscriber pays money for content while ad dependency is minimal thus chs telecast what people want and above all prices of content rights r not too steep (when compared to returns) for one particular sport hence broadcaster is able to allocate funds properly
The English sports channels have had same problem when it came to rights of live football.Setanta closed down due to paying OTT for rights to show championship football.Except Sky no other Sports channels in UK has been successful.BT sports is hardly 4-5 years into the sports world,it remains to be seen how they fare 10 yrs down the line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock