Discussion BARC Ratings | Week 35 (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
MH is South western state not North(North has only hindi dominant channels)
By the way If star brings some good shows like biggbossmarathi and CHYD which are successful then it's trp will increase because of CHYD and some daily soaps Zee Marathi is on top 1 but actual Star Pravah should be on top 1 only because there is no shows it is lagging behind.
Even Mi Honar Superstar Show got closed due to COVID19.
Bro even though MH is western south state but still in hindi GEC's viewership contribution maharashtra is no.1 so nd here viewers sees star as daily soap network nd watches sony nd colors for reality shows so they have image of networks like that

Even in bangla market is also similar to MH market where viewers watches both hindi GEC's as well as their regional GEC's there also star is struggling in reality space only because of star network impression on them.
MH nd Bengal are only two markets where both regional GEC's as well as Hindi GEC's viewership is strong

Its not easy to break broadcaster image which is created over yrs....star plus also struggles in reality space even after bringing much good quality shows than sony nd colors
Networks should stick to their image otherwise they fails very badly

Bro even though MH is western south state but still in hindi GEC's viewership contribution maharashtra is no.1 so nd here viewers sees star as daily soap network nd watches sony nd colors for reality shows so they have image of networks like that

Even in bangla market is also similar to MH market where viewers watches both hindi GEC's as well as their regional GEC's there also star is struggling in reality space only because of star network impression on them.
MH nd Bengal are only two markets where both regional GEC's as well as Hindi GEC's viewership is strong

Its not easy to break broadcaster image which is created over yrs....star plus also struggles in reality space even after bringing much good quality shows than sony nd colors
Networks should stick to their image otherwise they fails very badly
Maharashtra and Bengal people watch more of regional daily soaps then hindi daily soaps but many of them watch hindi reality shows because of lack of regional reality shows.

Maharashtra and Bengal people watch more of regional daily soaps then hindi daily soaps but many of them watch hindi reality shows because of lack of regional reality shows.
They do watch both hindi as well as regional daily soaps .....acc to one of article from ormax maharashtra is no.1 in contributing hindi GEC viewership & bengal is in top5 to contribute hindi gec viewership that means MH & bengal people watches both regional as well as hindi content whether its daily soaps or reality shows so here in audience mind broadcasters image is deeply imprinted so they know if they want to watch daily soaps then zee & star is perfect if they want to watch reality shows then colors nd sony are best options

They do watch both hindi as well as regional daily soaps .....acc to one of article from ormax maharashtra is no.1 in contributing hindi GEC viewership & bengal is in top5 to contribute hindi gec viewership that means MH & bengal people watches both regional as well as hindi content whether its daily soaps or reality shows so here in audience mind broadcasters image is deeply imprinted so they know if they want to watch daily soaps then zee & star is perfect if they want to watch reality shows then colors nd sony are best options
I myself and many of my family members don't watch hindi serials shows channels.
They prefer Marathi daily soaps and Shows (currently there are no new good shows).

I myself and many of my family members don't watch hindi serials shows channels.
They prefer Marathi daily soaps and Shows (currently there are no new good shows).
You cant predict what whole maharashtra watches on basis of what you & your whole fam watches....im from MH nd my fam dont watch marathi gec's at all they prefer hindi gec's that doesnt mean whole MH watches hindi gec's only
In ormax there is study report from barc where they showed MH is no.1 contributor of Hindi GEC's because marathi people understand hindi very well same goes with bengalis also whereas south people dont understand hindi so they prefer regional gec's only
Plus look at MH state size nd population it is much bigger than south states but still look at impressions of top 5 channels of South channels from tamil telugu kannada etc. Most of channels impressions are above 400k as they prefer only regional channels only
Whereas look at top5 marathi channel no.1 marathi channel hasnt evn crossed 300k mark in recent week because maharashtra viewership is divided between both hindi as well as marathi channels

Last edited:
You cant predict what whole maharashtra watches on basis of what you & your whole fam watches....im from MH nd my fam dont watch marathi gec's at all they prefer hindi gec's that doesnt mean whole MH watches hindi gec's only
In ormax there is study report from barc where they showed MH is no.1 contributor of Hindi GEC's because marathi people understand hindi very well same goes with bengalis also whereas south people dont understand hindi so they prefer regional gec's only
Plus look at MH state size nd population it is much bigger than south states but still look at impressions of top 5 channels of South channels from tamil telugu kannada etc. Most of channels impressions are above 400k as they prefer only regional channels only
Whereas look at top5 marathi channel no.1 marathi channel hasnt evn crossed 300k mark in recent week because maharashtra viewership is divided between both hindi as well as marathi channels
Because some South village people don't know hindi this doesn't mean everyone don't know hindi, I know many of South Indians they speak good hindi and some of them know hindi still they don't like hindi but this is not with all Maharashtrians also many people from Village side don't know hindi and many from city even don't like hindi.

Because some South village people don't know hindi this doesn't mean everyone don't know hindi, I know many of South Indians they speak good hindi and some of them know hindi still they don't like hindi but this is not with all Maharashtrians also many people from Village side don't know hindi and many from city even don't like hindi.
Bro south people find hard to understand hindi as their is no similarity between hindi nd south languages whereas marathi nd hindi is very much similar thats why here people understand hindi very well even marathi nd hindi script is also same
Anyways my point is MH people watches both regional as well as hindi gecs & mh is no.1 contributor to hindi gec viewership & thats proven with barc survey reports also so it automatically clears that marathi people understand hindi very well now there is no need for further explanation

Will Star India ever enter Odia, Urdu, Gujarati and Punjabi GEC Market?

Will Star India ever enter Odia, Urdu, Gujarati and Punjabi GEC Market?
They are not interested in small markets .....plus if major broadcasters will enter this markets then it will be very difficult to their own Hindi GEC's as core audience of hindi GEC's is from this regions only.....nd Hindi GEC's makes major profit for them so entering in this regions will be very foolish move for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock