BARC Ratings Week 39 (2020)

• Thread starter Iamhcb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 59
  • Views: Views 9,323
Would have been nice to include Star Vijay somehow as it is doing great in prime time.
Yes I agree, the only thing they didn't add Star Vijay is because it's no.2 still it's a strong competitor in Tamil TV market after Sun TV.

nNzWpSY.png
Decoding Hindi Entertainment Star made a complete dominancy in all categories.
Hindi GEC(overall,Free Platform, rural)- Star Utsav
Hindi GEC(urban, Pay platform)- Star Plus.
At this brighter occasion of Star they lost one piece, Star Movies. Know that SM hasn't any dominancy in English movies genre but most of the time it beared No:1 spot.
Would have been nice to include Star Vijay somehow as it is doing great in prime time.
They could've added Star Vijay and Star Suvarna since both bagged second position in respective markets! Anyway congratulations to Star India 😍
The Poster meant to highlight 'No:1' channels. Adding no:2 channels will make it bulky.

They could have added Star Ustav. Only Kannada & Tamil, English GECs & movies are the only genre where they're not #1. Although in Tamil Market Vijay Television is a strong competitor compared to Suvarna.

Last edited:
Star is only struggling in Hindi movie segment.
I dont think star is struggling in hindi movies genre..... most of the time their 2 channels (star gold,star gold2) are in top 5
Star gold always gets viewership between 350k-450k and always in top 3 channel

Struggling means out of top5 or margin between star channel nd top channel is very high like 1 yr ago star pravah was struggling with 100k+ impressions whereas zee marathi used to get 300k+ impressions
In that case you can say that star suvarna is struggling channel of star india

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock