BARC Ratings | Week 9 (2020)

Whenever any channel stretch its shows beyond point then it lost its pole position in that region for ex. Colors kannada ,star jalsha nd nowdays zee marathi.... channels needs to revamp after certain point

Most watched English shows
Rank Showchannel
1.Friendscomedy central SD
2.Bob hearts Abishola S01comedy central SD
3.The Big bang theorycomedy central SD
4.Brooklyn nine nine S07comedy central SD
5.Mike and Mollycomedy central SD

Bob hearts Abishola doing excellent

also comedy central HD has fallen and SD has rose

Last edited:
Which do you think is the driver show of Colors Marathi, since it is not visible from the top 5 (everything is Zee Marathi)?

Also Star Pravah seemed to be gaining ratings for a while. It overtook Fakt Marathi and Zee Talkies. What is its status now? And where does Sony Marathi stand?
@Shantanu bro or anyone, can you reply to this?

@Shantanu bro or anyone, can you reply to this?
I dont know abt colors marathi driver shows but yes zee has very strong footholds in rural regions thats why their shows are in top5

Star pravah is stable between 150k-160k from 3-4 months it will take some time to reach 200k

Which do you think is the driver show of Colors Marathi, since it is not visible from the top 5 (everything is Zee Marathi)?

Also, Star Pravah seemed to be gaining ratings for a while. It overtook Fakt Marathi and Zee Talkies. What is its status now? And where does Sony Marathi stand?
All fiction shows are working well for colors Marathi. I am not having detailed data but all 5 fiction shows between 7 PM To 9.30 PM doing good. Even 9 PM show featured in top5 in recent weeks itself also I remember 7.30 PM Show featured once. Also, their non-fiction show Sur Nava dhyas nava is getting good ratings at Mon to Wed 9.30 band. They just need a show that will be superhit across Maharashtra and it will change the whole game.

In the case of Star Pravah, The show 'Rang maza vegla' airing at 9.30 PM is no.1 show on the channel. Their growth is good. But still there shows are in the cliche zone. Not much creativity. STAR is usually interested in remaking the same concepts that are hit in other markets.

Sony Marathi is making quality content but it's not working as it's late entrant and still not able to catch with other channels. If they continue to invest good in Quality content. They'll reach top3 position in the coming years but looking at Sony network Scenario it's future is unpredictable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock