BARC TRP | Week 33

• Thread starter Thread starter abhishek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25
  • Views Views: Views 4,546
In every region, Zee is growing it's ratings like a superfast train. Something is realy doubtful. :shutup:

Don't Know about other region but in Tamilnadu after 10 years of genuine efforts for the first time Zee Tamil reached near 500k ratings and on the ground especially in Urban areas of Tamilnadu they spend a huge amount on Advertisements and lastly I saw that sort of advertisements few years back by Star Vijay which helped them to reach out and now Star Vijay's ads are really very less and Zee Tamil occupied major portions like in Bus Shelters,Banners,Wall posters etc etc where once Star Vijay done advertisements.

Last edited:
Too much sad for Star Jalsha :verysad::verysad::verysad:
Star Jalsha was No. 1 continuously since 2011 (i.e., even before the logo was changed in 2012). Zee Bangla deserves to be the No. 1 after so many years because of reality shows which are missing in Star Jalsha.
Zee TV and Zee anmol had greatly lost its market share. Zee Marathi was struggling even, as it lost about 7 percent market share to star and colors. Zee is growing in it's non traditional market.
Zee Tamil and Zee Bangla have toppled Star Vijay and Star Jalsha respectively. Zee Kannada is catching up quickly with Colors Kannada even though its HD feed is missing. Zee Telugu has been stable since HD was launched. Zee Marathi and Zee Sarthak are the leaders in Marathi and Odia respectively by a long distance. Zee Talkies has also overtaken Colors Marathi.

I feel the only struggling Zee regional channel is Zee Yuva. It will be pushed out of the top 5 next week by Sony Marathi.

Last edited:
Star Jalsha was No. 1 continuously since 2011 (i.e., even before the logo was changed in 2012). Zee Bangla deserves to be the No. 1 after so many years because of reality shows which are missing in Star Jalsha.

Zee Tamil and Zee Bangla have toppled Star Vijay and Star Jalsha respectively. Zee Kannada is catching up quickly with Colors Kannada even though its HD feed is missing. Zee Telugu has been stable since HD was launched. Zee Marathi and Zee Sarthak are the leaders in Marathi and Odia respectively by a long distance. Zee Talkies has also overtaken Colors Marathi.

I feel the only struggling Zee regional channel is Zee Yuva. It will be pushed out of the top 5 next week by Sony Marathi.
I m sure, after launching of Zee Malayalam & Zee Punjabi, they will quickly acquire 2nd position in their respective markets.

Top 5 Malayalam channels just combined entertainment and news as earlier.
1 Asianet 255174
2.Asianet News 140309
3.Mazhavil Manorama 96124
4.Surya TV 91925
5.Manorama News 78465
Flood effect is truely seen.

Happy to see Zee Marathi and Zee Bangla growing further. Zee Kannada has almost norrowed down the gap with Colors Kannada
Zee kannada may repeat the trend in Bangla unless colors do anything.Now the trp points of Zee kannada is more than once colors kannada had few weeks before.

Last edited:
Zee network is keenly focusing on regional markets. Their investments,promotions and movements are brave. So that the whole network gets a high results from regional market. Now they are free from sports buisness, that also benefitted them moneywise and timewise. At the sametime Star have to manage Sports and Entertainment,both are very sensitive and valuable. While the load from sports increased they went backward in regional market(not at all). But Star network had a big potential for doing greater than any other networks.Star plus was out from top 10 and ratings decreased tremendously. Now after a while they came back top spot even in this 'Naagin' season.2 years before Vijay TV was at 4th position following Zee tamil, they introduced Bigboss and reached 2nd spot. And now bigboss not works then they will try anything other. Star won't play inside safe Zone.I think star will regain all from zee what they loss but takes time.

Last edited:
Now they are free from sports buisness, that also benefitted them moneywise and timewise. At the sametime Star have to manage Sports and Entertainment,both are very sensitive and valuable.
A network can have either sports or news, not both. Sony and Star have sports. Zee, Sun and TV18 have news.

Back
Top Bottom