BARC TRP Week 5

Ok bro tell me one thing a strong infotainment network like Discovery is offering 5HD info & Lifestyle channels.
And, these so called popular Networks charging very much for few SD channels.
Now that's what I'm comparing.
Producing a serial is costlier than shooting animals in HD. Moreover the shows in Discovery and Ngc are not new... They are old and repeated in many countries... They're almost done and dusted... They're simply dubbed... Further their market is almost pan India... Sun has only Tamil market, Star plus only Hindi... So discovery is not equivalent to Sun and Star.

Ok bro tell me one thing a strong infotainment network like Discovery is offering 5HD info & Lifestyle channels.
And, these so called popular Networks charging very much for few SD channels.
Now that's what I'm comparing.
Strong Infotainment network and Strong regional entertainment network cannot be weighed equally.The viewership of a single entertainment channel can be more than the whole discovery network's viewership.

but how it can be compared with Discovery? Where does Discovery stands and where does others
He is comparing the hd bouquets. Just 10₹ for all the hd channels of the discovery network, compared to:
  1. Star, ~₹140 for all hd channels
  2. Sony, ~₹100 for all hd channels
  3. Viacom, ~₹60 for all hd channels

Last edited:
Guys trp measure box is not kept in everyone house . So the fall of network in terms of barc ratings only matters on what they choose and not others.

Producing a serial is costlier than shooting animals in HD. Moreover the shows in Discovery and Ngc are not new... They are old and repeated in many countries... They're almost done and dusted... They're simply dubbed... Further their market is almost pan India... Sun has only Tamil market, Star plus only Hindi... So discovery is not equivalent to Sun and Star.
Strong Infotainment network and Strong regional entertainment network cannot be weighed equally.The viewership of a single entertainment channel can be more than the whole discovery network's viewership.
This is what I'm trying to say why so much difference in pricing?
He is comparing the hd bouquets. Just 10₹ for all the hd channels of the discovery network, compared to:
  1. Star, ~₹140 for all hd channels
  2. Sony, ~₹100 for all hd channels
  3. Viacom, ~₹60 for all hd channels
Hopefully you got my point.

Exactly even in karnataka colors budget pack is 25₹ for 8 kannada + 3 non kannada channels.
Star value pack is also good. But for zee they say ₹17 for just 1 kannada channel and 7 non kannada channel
In movie gener udaya movie from sun asks for ₹16 where colors kannada cinema cost ₹2 public movies and sirikannada for free star suverna plus is involved in sv pack where people subscribe for sake of sports

Guess what same is told by my family too. 😉 But, their are some people who like to watch some Saas Bahu saga which Star Plus have lack of will not subscribe to Star Plus.
My mom love to watch some sensible shows and I always shocked to see that she's not that much educated and she know the quality of shows.
She watches KZK, Kullfi, Porus's Spin-off Chandragupta, Radhakrishna, Ladies Special, Patiyala Babes, Yeh Un..DKBH etc.
What the hell educated people are watching?
Except Ekta's dum tana na, i am fan of all sony Programs (Simple n Decent) with no special effects (wich come in plenty on Ekta Shows).
I used to watch Kulffi but even sometimes it turns out to be melodramatic so its ok but KZK is not at all that good. Its storyline is same as Ekta's other shows.

Exactly even in karnataka colors budget pack is 25₹ for 8 kannada + 3 non kannada channels.
Star value pack is also good. But for zee they say ₹17 for just 1 kannada channel and 7 non kannada channel
In movie gener udaya movie from sun asks for ₹16 where colors kannada cinema cost ₹2 public movies and sirikannada for free star suverna plus is involved in sv pack where people subscribe for sake of sports
My family actually watched two regional content- kannada and marathi- other than Hindi. We have subscribed for Zee all in one kannada Marathi which is costing 90 rupees for SD alone. We have decided to add colors kannada and colors marathi in alacarte. I am okay with English entertainment and movie content of Zee pack but that's not sufficient. Bilingual families are worst affected by this move.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock