BARC Week 15

• Thread starter Thread starter Shantanu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 37
  • Views Views: Views 3,961
all tamil peoples(barc meters peoples) only watch sun tv, that is the reason they are getting No.1, but other channels are crying.
I have a question.
How do they decide where to put BARC meter. Is there any process through which people are selected for BARC meters ?

I have a question.
How do they decide where to put BARC meter. Is there any process through which people are selected for BARC meters ?
it is just money matters, if money is there then every thing is on our hands.

Although sun's ratings are highest. I really don't see any fraud here. Don't you guys think that this can be easily recognizable by BARC people & they could've manipulated ratings & reduced it? But they haven't.

Speaking About ratings between Tamil & Hindi channels, if we consider the total market size of both top5 channels as follows.
zBJdMuL.png
7f1VbwN.png

It's clear that Hindi Has more market size than Tamil. Aside, I have only considered Hindi GEC. while BARC considers all Tamil GEC, Movies, Sports & kids channel in single Tamil section.If i add them all channels of Hindi (sports, movies, GEC), Hindi section would be a clear winner
In Hindi, there are no. of channels available across genres which share viewership share while in Tamil, sun tv dominates well & no. of channels are less compared to Hindi

Do you guys remember in our childhood, how people used to watch star plus day & night?if that scenario was still their star plus would've dominated the whole market. but for Tamilnadu, the same scenario is still there. hence sun dominates.

Except that of Tamil, do we have a question for any other genre? we all know that star jalsa, Zee Marathi, colors Kannada, Asianet are popular in respective genres considering their popularity.

Also, a lot of regional channels are ahead of few Hindi GECs.We should understand as a viewer I will always give preference to channels in my local language then I will move to national channels. hence Hindi channel's rating gets reduced.

The clarification BARC providing in ratings, TAM(earlier rating system) never provided.

Note:-I am not either BARC/SUN TV Fan. Just stated my point of view on this whole issue. no offense to anyone

So you mean there is not any criteria for this ?

And we expect honest ratings from them .:cf:
instead putting barc meters, better these ratings agencies should approach all dth, dth viewership is somehow better than BARC.

Except star suvarna plus,all star channels made their way to top5.

But star maa movies & jalsha movies didn't impacted much due to IPL. They used to get same ratings during PKL. Seems star need to rethink about localization of sports channels.
Star Suvarna Plus Channel not available in most of cable networks

instead putting barc meters, better these ratings agencies should approach all dth, dth viewership is somehow better than BARC.
Right
DTH STBs should have some meters or something programmed in their software to get the actual number of viewers and that should be the base of any rating.

Although sun's ratings are highest. I really don't see any fraud here. Don't you guys think that this can be easily recognizable by BARC people & they could've manipulated ratings & reduced it? But they haven't.

Speaking About ratings between Tamil & Hindi channels, if we consider the total market size of both top5 channels as follows.
zBJdMuL.png
7f1VbwN.png

It's clear that Hindi Has more market size than Tamil. Aside, I have only considered Hindi GEC. while BARC considers all Tamil GEC, Movies, Sports & kids channel in single Tamil section.If i add them all channels of Hindi (sports, movies, GEC), Hindi section would be a clear winner
In Hindi, there are no. of channels available across genres which share viewership share while in Tamil, sun tv dominates well & no. of channels are less compared to Hindi

Do you guys remember in our childhood, how people used to watch star plus day & night?if that scenario was still their star plus would've dominated the whole market. but for Tamilnadu, the same scenario is still there. hence sun dominates.

Except that of Tamil, do we have a question for any other genre? we all know that star jalsa, Zee Marathi, colors Kannada, Asianet are popular in respective genres considering their popularity.

Also, a lot of regional channels are ahead of few Hindi GECs.We should understand as a viewer I will always give preference to channels in my local language then I will move to national channels. hence Hindi channel's rating gets reduced.

The clarification BARC providing in ratings, TAM(earlier rating system) never provided.

Note:-I am not either BARC/SUN TV Fan. Just stated my point of view on this whole issue. no offense to anyone
as you said, i agree with you. but telugu population is more than tamilnadu right? even bengali population also more right?

all tamil peoples(barc meters peoples) only watch sun tv, that is the reason they are getting No.1, but other channels are crying.
in telugu top4 channels were competing with barc meters peoples. that is the reason always 4 telugu channels ratings will fluctuate:unsure::unsure::unsure::rolleyes:

How many tamil people are there in India ? According to census data (number of native speakers) only 6% are tamil whereas Hindi people are 41% even bengali people are 9% of India's total population

Census of India: Abstract of speakers’ strength of languages and mother tongues –2001

So even if 20% hindi speakers watch a hindi ch like star plus then their total number will be greater than total tamil population

Back
Top Bottom