BBC Probaho launches on Channel-i in Bangladesh

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
MUMBAI: BBC Bangla’s new weekly current affairs programme ‘BBC Probaho’ has been launched on Channel-i in Bangladesh.

Presented by BBC Bangla’s Sharmin Rauma, BBC Probaho will be broadcast live from the cable/satellite station’s Dhaka studios at 9.30 pm every Thursday.

The programme will be repeated at 9.30 am Bangladesh time on Fridays.

With interviews and debate, BBC Probaho brings 25 minutes of in-depth reporting of issues affecting Bangladesh today. The programme will feature international and business stories delivered by the BBC’s global network of correspondents and journalists.

Rauma will conduct studio interviews and encourage direct engagement from audiences via the BBC Bangla social-media accounts on Facebook and Twitter. BBC Probaho is produced by BBC Bangla’s Monowar Darpon.

BBC Bangla editor Sabir Mustafa said, “The launch of BBC Probaho marks a new stage in the BBC’s decade-long collaboration with Channel-i and a milestone in BBC Bangla’s presence on the Bangladeshi media scene. Adding to our radio, digital and mobile content, BBC Probaho signals our commitment to the Bangladeshi audiences, ensuring they get our trusted news coverage on the platforms of their choice.”

Rauma said, “I am thrilled to be fronting this new, dynamic news programme which I hope will become essential viewing for anyone who wants to be in the know on major issues affecting people in Bangladesh and beyond.”

Channel-i head of news Shykh Seraj said, “BBC Probaho is a historic landmark achieved in the news and current-affairs scene in Bangladesh.

Channel-i has always been a trusted partner of BBC, starting off with BBC Bangladesh Sanglap, and now the road takes a new, exciting turn.”

The launch of BBC Probaho further expands the BBC Bangla offer on all platforms. The BBC Bangla radio programmes are produced in London and Dhaka. The BBC’s Dhaka bureau is a production centre from where BBC Bangla’s two morning radio transmissions are anchored.

BBC Bangla is a part of the BBC World Service.

BBC Probaho launches on Channel-i in Bangladesh | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock