Seeking Help Audio quality of VH1 HD on SUN Dth?

Audio Quality Level of VH1 HD

• Sweet: As good as Dolby Audio

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Sour: Poor Quality - Stay away

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

redlofredlof

Reaction score
Hi SUN dth users. I am planning to get SUN DTH but I want to know how is the Audio Quality of VH1 HD.
I was using TataPlay till now and the audio Quality of this channel is not very good.
I mostly use DTH for listening to music so I don't care about the vudeo quality.

I used the Jio TV app to listen to this channel and the Quality of this channel on the app is amazing CD Quality. (same quality as MTV Beats HD Dolby Audio)
Whereas Tataplay's VH1 HD channel sounds like 96Kbps( bad quality FM).
The Highs are totally missing in the SD channel (bad quality AM radio) and subdued in the HD channel.

Why can't I just use JioTV?
-Internet can be un-reliable
-The app is kind of buggy
-mobile screen is small.
-VH1 SD quality in JioTV is as bad as VH1 SD on Tataplay.
-speakers can be connected directly to STB and TV can be switched off to save power. (mobile saves more power but will get interruptions like notifications/calls/etc)

You can go for Jio + fiber if it is available at your place. The music channels had amazing sound in my 4K Smart Sony TV and I find them quite good. VH1 HD is available . Internet too is reliable with near zero downtimes and I am enjoying them at 10 Mbps . I had Dishtv too. Vh1 HD was good there too with True HD box and Android box. Rest I cannot comment as I had not experience them.

You can go for Jio + fiber if it is available at your place. The music channels had amazing sound in my 4K Smart Sony TV and I find them quite good. VH1 HD is available . Internet too is reliable with near zero downtimes and I am enjoying them at 10 Mbps . I had Dishtv too. Vh1 HD was good there too with True HD box and Android box. Rest I cannot comment as I had not experience them.
Unfortunately, I do not have Jio fiber in my locality. But its good to know that It can be an option in future.

While I do have this channel subscribed & personally feel that the audio of this channel on Sun Direct is excellent (as listened to on a Sony 4K TV), I would strongly suggest you to listen to the channel yourself before coming to a decision. Generally speaking though, the audio volume (as in when you turn up the volume to maximum in the STB) is a little lower on Sun Direct's HD channels in comparison with Airtel DTH. But, the audio is never jarring (on almost all of the channels) even at full STB volume & the audio quality itself is very good. I always have my STB volume turned up to the maximum (31 points) & only adjust my TV's volume as required. That said, I would still suggest that you to make your own decision after listening to it.

You could go to the nearest sun shine center (Authorized Dealer) & request them to show you a demo of that channel. They generally used to have a demo set top box running all the channels there. Hopefully they still do.

You can google it or enter your pin code in this page (scroll down a bit) to locate your nearest sun shine center.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock