Discussion Bengali Serials & Reality Shows Updates

potol launch also i was not sure abt its success i thought it will be flop but surprisingly it became superhit
Potol is a bigg hit also in telugu, malayalam, tamil and hindi..

Its so so unique one and one could easily get attached with the emotion of the show.. It was written in that way

Very strong characters, very strong emotions... A well written show which played a strong role in every Star channel except Suvarna.. Pravah yet to remake Potol

why Antara changed trapped Mohor in fake allegations
The vamp Shrestha and dirty college director bribed Antara that they will make everything free for her, and give job to her brother. So Antara thought she would better take a U-turn and put blame on Mohor rather than just getting justice.

Potol is a bigg hit also in telugu, malayalam, tamil and hindi..

Its so so unique one and one could easily get attached with the emotion of the show.. It was written in that way

Very strong characters, very strong emotions... A well written show which played a strong role in every Star channel except Suvarna.. Pravah yet to remake Potol
But when they launched first promo i never ever thought it will become superhit not only in bengali but in other languages also

The vamp Shrestha and dirty college director bribed Antara that they will make everything free for her, and give job to her brother. So Antara thought she would better take a U-turn and put blame on Mohor rather than just getting justice.

Oh ok. No wonder she did a u turn. Looks like tomorrow truth will be out and Mohor will refuse to go bk to Shankha and he suffers heart attack. Hope that's not lie to bring Mohor bk.

The only Bangla show which I watch currently is Khorkuto. Yes it is a bit slow but still it is a feel good show. Hope they continue the positivity in the show and dont ruin the story for TRP.
Also I think Bangla channels shouldn't do shows for 7 days a week and should do for 6 days like most of the other languages. In that way they can extend the show for longer period without overstretching the story and making filler episodes.

It's all in the end about ratings and cut throat competition in the end. Initially shows in hindi gec use to air 4 times a week in the beginning then it was increased to 5 days and now many shows run 6 days a week in race of being number 1 channel. Same goes with Bangla shows. Zee Bangla trp fell and jalsa took over no 1 spot so they made decision to air their new show 7 days a week.

It's all in the end about ratings and cut throat competition in the end. Initially shows in hindi gec use to air 4 times a week in the beginning then it was increased to 5 days and now many shows run 6 days a week in race of being number 1 channel. Same goes with Bangla shows. Zee Bangla trp fell and jalsa took over no 1 spot so they made decision to air their new show 7 days a week.
Yes, but doing a show for 7 days a week is harmful for the storyline as they get very little time to write the episodes and scripts. They should leave the Sunday from serials and instead should show different movies and non fictions. If Star Jalsha starts 6 day a week, then I can bet Zee Bangla will also follow them very soon.
They should follow the strategy of SET or Sun TV for Sundays.

But when they launched first promo i never ever thought it will become superhit not only in bengali but in other languages also
Yeah,, even I had low hopes on it's tamil version, I also wanted the show to shift to afternoon slot during initial times.. But the show became the first Star Vijay show to hit 10 TVR milestone in Urban..
Without romance, without lead pair.. It is a bigg thing ..
Credits goes to the original writer of Potol Kumar Gaanwala for the success of Koyilamma,Kulfi Kumar Bajewala,Mounaraagam and Vaanambadi 🔥

And why the kannada version, Triveni Sangama failed bcz of two reasons
1. Channel was in a worst position
2. They changed the whole story and gave a new perspective to the show, they completely messed up the originality and emotion that Potol Kumar Gaanwala had..

But the remake versions writers had also done good job...!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock