Bitrate of HD and SD channels

karanrudra93 said:
Tata sky also using low bitrate in some HD channels.Thats why PQ is degraded.

Tata Sky Use Very Advance Technology So They Give Excellent PQ IN All HD CHannels in low bitrate

Rushil.D said:
Tata Sky Use Very Advance Technology So They Give Excellent PQ IN All HD CHannels in low bitrate

But I feel sony mix and Discovery HD world channel PQ is decreased.

karanrudra93 said:
But I feel sony mix and Discovery HD world channel PQ is decreased.

For Sony Mix I Am Getting Excellent PQ But Discovery HD World I Don't Watch So Many Time So I Don.t Tell But I Think It Also Good

Rushil.D said:
For Sony Mix I Am Getting Excellent PQ But Discovery HD World I Don't Watch So Many Time So I Don.t Tell But I Think It Also Good

I watch Discovery HD world regularly thats why I observed PQ properly.
PQ of Discover HD is not looking good as earlier.:angry
Other HD channels PQ is excillent.:k

To make this a fair comparison, let me try to put the actual numbers.

D2H TP Capacity is around 132 Mbps
They have on an average 48 SD channels per TP = 2.75 Mbps / channel
13 HD channels per TP = 10.15 Mbps per channel

But this can vary from channel to channel.

The numbers I mentioned earlier (1.8 Mbps / SD and 6.75 Mbps / HD) are excluding the error correction bits. As different DTH use different FEC the bandwidth used for channel varies.

For eg. considering TS uses 5/6 FEC and D2H uses 2/3 FEC, lets say one HD channel takes 6Mbps data. With Error correction bits, on TS it will be 7 (6 + 6/6) Mbps and on D2H it will be 8 Mbps (6 + 6/3).

Clearly it looks as if TS is using less bandwidth. But all they might be doing is use less FEC. They are getting away with it as signal quality is good.

NinadG said:
That means Indian DTH are using almost half bit rate as compared to UK or Europe. So we can say that what is HD in India is SD in Europe. This helps to understand PQ level of every DTH. Any idea whether they are using dynamic bit rate...

karanrudra93 said:
Tata sky also using low bitrate in some HD and SD channels.Thats why PQ is degraded.

I think they are using heavy compression which may be affecting PQ badly.

dipayan said:
That is because Indians are paying half of the price than their UK counterpart.

That means there is no point for Indians going for TV sets with more than 32"-40" screen size because of low PQ.....

Re: RE: Bitrate of HD and SD channels

NinadG said:
That means there is no point for Indians going for TV sets with more than 32"-40" screen size because of low PQ.....

Depends on viewing distance

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock