• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4,021
  • Views: Views 832,731
Hum Do Humare Do
26th June at 8 PM
On Star Gold SD and HD

VBbh7Q9.jpg

UTJ2wNt.jpg

Zee also aced April with Attack, Runway 34, Heropanti 2 and Jersey. All these are now on OTT with Runway 34 being available on Rent on Prime.

But i feel many of these won't get good ratings on TV, partly bcoz some of these r not that good films while some r niche and most importantly lately i have observed even good bollywood films not performing that well on zee channels. I think Reason for many nice bollywood films getting average ratings on zee hindi movie chs is their content strategy being heavily skewed towards dubbed south indian movies. Zee should continue to focus more on bollywood movies, particularly acquire more 90s, 2000 bollywood films, schedule films properly with less repetition and this will help regain the bollywood audience share which has drifted away in past 4 or 5 years

I think with almost a dozen of movies lined up for premiere ( Only Bollywood ) , apart from this many dubbed content is also there , Zee should start distributing it's library Zee TV and And Pictures because depending only on 1 channel to premiere soo much content will almost take 5 months / movie .

Already many movies do get premiered on And Pictures

Bro there was a time when Television Premiere used to happen on Hindi GEC Channels as well . Also down south , majority premieres still happen on GEC Channels . Depending only on 1 particular channel to premiere all movies will somewhere delay the premiere process .

Fact — 3 years ago , Zee Premiered Jabariya Jodi on Zee TV . Before that Raazi came . In the same way they should utilize it by premiering more movies .

Source

At that time hindi movies genre was still not that big on ratings and premiering movie on GEC channel brought more ratings and revenue. Since last 4 years that situation has changed and premiering film on hindi movie channels delivers good results. Hindi GEC channels have a dedicated audience base for its shows so broadcasters will not fiddle with it unless there is some content which is very essential to air on Hindi GEC

In the past week I was watching Raazi, Gully Boy and Gangubai Kathiawadi and I will watch RRR this Sunday. All are Alia Bhatt films and all are with Zee Cinema! It is impressive how Zee has been able to get a number of great movies without having deals like YRF/Star, Dharma/Viacom or T-Series/Sony. SKF and Nadiadwala do not count since their movies (Radhe, Race 3, Heropanti 2, etc.) are among the worst to ever be produced in Bollywood.

As i have stated earlier, zee has massive bollywood movie library and have agreements with around 18 or 20 big and small banners /production companies. They also large number of films from library companies like eros, ultra, shemaroo, DRJ Records, Pen Studios etc. . So they have a constant flow of bollywood movie premieres as well as old bollywood films to air. Raazi is movie by Dharma Productions, Gully Boy is from Excel Films and other 2 u mentioned r from Pen Marudhar

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock