"Colors Infinity SD & HD" Started on IS 20

• Thread starter Thread starter Gssran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 27
  • Views Views: Views 4,914
I don't think any DTH in India will transmit 1080p as it requires much higher bandwidth than 1080i.

ABCDEFGH said:
Any idea how much more ?

I think it's almost double considering 1080i has only half the picture (alternate scanning lines) compared to 1080p. As far as I know 720p and 1080i are more or less similar in terms of bandwidth requirement. 1080p would require twice as much bandwidth, considering other factors such as compression remain same. But not sure exactly - I might be wrong.

ABCDEFGH said:
Any idea how much more ?

Has 1080p is currently the best Video quality you can get on television beside newly launched 2k or 4k which are still in early stage. Normally to watch a 1080p video on YouTube you need at least 8 Mbps speed to watch it flawlessly or at least a 4 Mbps speed to make 1080p video watchable with some buffering. So at least a 10 Mbps bandwidth is required to play a 1080p video which none of the DTH company in the world can afford to provide just for a one full hd channel, only cable Tv providers around the world are currently providing 1080p VOD movies, serials and some sporting events bcuz they have tons of bandwidth has are they using fibre cable which can get speeds upto 2 Gbps for one connection instead of satellite. Has many DTH in India are using average 3 to 5 Mbps of bandwidth for 1080i HD channels which in simple word are a native 720p channels and note even 4k won't be telecasted in full 4k but will be telecasted in a native 2k resolution to save bandwidth for more channels. :k

DishHD said:
Has 1080p is currently the best Video quality you can get on television beside newly launched 2k or 4k which are still in early stage. Normally to watch a 1080p video on YouTube you need at least 8 Mbps speed to watch it flawlessly or at least a 4 Mbps speed to make 1080p video watchable with some buffering. So at least a 10 Mbps bandwidth is required to play a 1080p video

No need for 1080p on TV :-/
It's best for Internet for fluid motion :lol:lol

Back
Top Bottom