Discussion Comparison of broadcaster pricing in the old regime, new regime, TRAI's analysis for amending the NTO

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 47
  • Views: Views 11,013
If the broadcasters again show their attitude, I'll stop watching TV. At present in my home only my mom watches saas- bahu programs and my brother English Movies and I watch only Crime Patrol on Sony. Now you can see to watch Crime Patrol I have to purchase full Sony Package of 8 channels in which only 2 channels I watch Sony and Sony Max.

Last edited by a moderator:
Broadcaster want to earn mainly through their premier channels like ZEE TV , SONY , STAR PLUS AND COLORS which are of Rs.19 at present but in actual the content they show their price shouldn't be more than ₹10. They have looted the customers for one year by making viewers fool in the name of premium channels.

Read this news. Broadcasters are against this rule.. They are going to remove premium channels from bouquets and increasing the price of some channel..
Existing packages are valid only until January 31.

Broadcasters miffed at TRAI’s new caps on channel pricing
If this news confirms by top 4 broadcasters, then our tv bill going to be Big Bang from March2020. So, all of us stick to boycott the premium channels of every broadcaster.

Last edited:
If this news confirmed by top 4 broadcasters, then our tv bill going to be Big Bang from March2020. So, all of us stick to boycott the premium channels of every broadcaster.
I am already not subscribed to these so-called "Premium Channels" (except Zee Bangla HD, which my Mom watches daily). I subscibe only those days when something good is going to air. For example, I only subscibe to SET HD on Weekends to watch The Kapil Sharma Show, and only subscibe to movie channels when any good movie is supposed to air.

I am already not subscribed to these so-called "Premium Channels" (except Zee Bangla HD, which my Mom watches daily). I subscibe only those days when something good is going to air. For example, I only subscibe to SET HD on Weekends to watch The Kapil Sharma Show, and only subscibe to movie channels when any good movie is supposed to air.
Me too. Iam also subscribed Colors & MTV shows for my wife, but subscribed to Ott apps Prime & hotstar.

If this news confirms by top 4 broadcasters, then our tv bill going to be Big Bang from March2020. So, all of us stick to boycott the premium channels of every broadcaster.
Yes.. all customers should stop subscribing high pricing channels. Then broadcasters will learn lesson.

I don't know what these broadcasters want, are they mad or what. If they don't want to reduce their channel rates and want to keep it as A-La-Carte then why did they reduce some channels price to Rs.12 for festive season and what is stopping them to continue with it.

Yes.. all customers should stop subscribing high pricing channels. Then broadcasters will learn lesson.
This is my view and everyone's view would be different from one another.
I have very rarely seen channels like Zee TV , Star Plus, Colors telecasting programs other than daily soaps.Every single channel will be having some special program like Colors has Big Boss, Sony has Indian Idol, Crime Patrol, Kapil Sharma and similarly Star Plus and Zee will also have one or two of same kind. They take these 2-3 program as their premium program and advertise so heavily and brainwash the viewers, when he or she is about to select her bouquets and thus by this way they increase our monthly rental. Now when TRAI wants to put some restrictions on them it's hurting them most.

I also thought while making my packs but at last the price of one or two channels which I wanted as A-La-Carte was more than or very close to the price of bouquet.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock