[Corrected Now] Tata Sky Changed Screen Aspect Ratio of Al Jazeera News Channel

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone notice Tata Sky has changed screen aspect ratio of Al Jazeera English news channel?

Previously it was showing in 16:9 ratio but when I checked it yesterday night, it was showing like 4:3 ratio but without black bars at top/bottom. The screen has been zommed horizontally which is cutting the content area at both left and right sides and not looking good at all. Also its causing lack of sharpness on the channel.

I hope its a technical glitch and Tata Sky will correct the ratio again.

PS: I have seen the same in past when Dish TV was showing RT (Russia Today) in similar ratio but later they changed it to proper 16:9 ratio.

RE: Tata Sky Changed Screen Aspect Ratio of Al Jazeera News Channel

Yeah changed :(

Why not register a complaint with TataSky? Let them know that in fact they should be changing the aspect ratio of channels such as CNN & BBC to 16:9 and not moving backwards by changing Al Jazeera to 4:3

sanjay0864 said:
Why not register a complaint with TataSky? Let them know that in fact they should be changing the aspect ratio of channels such as CNN & BBC to 16:9 and not moving backwards by changing Al Jazeera to 4:3

True. Very well said bro

I have a question- what if channel has changed its aspect ratio ?
How can we find out ?

sanjay0864 said:

I don't even want to try. Based on my past experience regarding technical problems at their end, TS CC will schedule a technician visit to try and fix my STB. It is next to impossible to get them to understand these issues. Fatheads. :wall:wall

In fact its not even 4:3 ratio. Its some strange screen ratio. Its cutting the viewing area from left and right.

DTH Fan said:
Did anyone notice Tata Sky has changed screen aspect ratio of Al Jazeera English news channel?

Previously it was showing in 16:9 ratio but when I checked it yesterday night, it was showing like 4:3 ratio but without black bars at top/bottom. The screen has been zommed horizontally which is cutting the content area at both left and right sides and not looking good at all. Also its causing lack of sharpness on the channel.

I hope its a technical glitch and Tata Sky will correct the ratio again.

PS: I have seen the same in past when Dish TV was showing RT (Russia Today) in similar ratio but later they changed it to proper 16:9 ratio.
Yeah I also notice the fact,I have both Tata sky hd and Dish tru Hd Plus,but in dish tv It's still in 16:9 ratio,I dont understand why one should pay more and get less PQ and channels.Whatever for HD channels I would recommend tata sky than dish tv.

ABCDEFGH said:
I have a question- what if channel has changed its aspect ratio ?
How can we find out ?

No way,cause in Dish tv It is In 16:9 ratio,very nice to watch and available in minimum base pack.

Finally Tata Sky corrected the aspect ratio. Now its 16:9 again. :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock