DTH updates DD Port Blair added at LCN 1994

So another Bengali channel added but unfortunately still no R Plus Gold, Bangla Talkies, Bangla Time, DD Tripura(Agartala). These channels addition would make Tata Sky an undisputed leader in West Bengal.
Errmmm..

Out of curiosity: Are "Bongs"( if that hurts your sentiments, please don't hesitate to convey — civilly) certainly that interested in Andamanese-Nicobarese cultural-affairs?

Or is that your subtle-hint of displeasure at the Doordarshan®, something you might be reticent to spell-out?( Like they would mostly import non-news content from other, East and Northeast Indian Bangla channels, and other English-language content from across the polity — even though it's not a 24/7 feed in the day-&-age when teleshopping is the go-to revenue source for innumerable privately-owned channels across genres, helpful to justify their 24/7 availability, i.e. to fill schedule.)

Errmmm..

Out of curiosity: Are "Bongs"( if that hurts your sentiments, please don't hesitate to convey — civilly) certainly that interested in Andamanese-Nicobarese cultural-affairs?

Or is that your subtle-hint of displeasure at the Doordarshan®, something you might be reticent to spell-out?( Like they would mostly import non-news content from other, East and Northeast Indian Bangla channels, and other English-language content from across the polity — even though it's not a 24/7 feed in the day-&-age when teleshopping is the go-to revenue source for innumerable privately-owned channels across genres, helpful to justify their 24/7 availability, i.e. to fill schedule.)
I am quite interested in knowing about Andaman & Nicobar as it matches our culture.

I am quite interested in knowing about Andaman & Nicobar as it matches our culture.
Ohhh.. Just THAT?!?

Alright. But my question was generic, not personal — in intent.

As in, I just wanted the clarification between your implicitly-widespread demands of carrying those private-owned Bangla satellite TV channels and this, somewhat-distant regional channel in the arguably the only satellite TV, general network left in India — till date.
Also.. Are you invoking “matches” as the synonym of ‘highly resembles’ or you saying there's practically nothing noticeably indistinguishable?

Ohhh.. Just THAT?!?

Alright. But my question was generic, not personal — in intent.

As in, I just wanted the clarification between your implicitly-widespread demands of carrying those private-owned Bangla satellite TV channels and this, somewhat-distant regional channel in the arguably the only satellite TV, general network left in India — till date.
Also.. Are you invoking “matches” as the synonym of ‘highly resembles’ or you saying there's practically nothing noticeably indistinguishable?
Why what's the problem? Andaman is a part of India. Right?

Why what's the problem? Andaman is a part of India. Right?
He doesn't know about the Bengali population of Andaman. Even few of my own family members worked there until 2018. And there is almost next to none news coverage of Andaman & Nicobar Islands on news sites and channels. Atleast we will get daily news bulletin from the islands on DD Port Blair.

He doesn't know about the Bengali population of Andaman. Even few of my own family members worked there until 2018. And there is almost next to none news coverage of Andaman & Nicobar Islands on news sites and channels. Atleast we will get daily news bulletin from the islands on DD Port Blair.
Yep, whilst
I do have STML
, I've no qualms to admit that I didn't knew that presently, Andamān-Nicobār archipelago is "Bong"-dominated.

However..
I do recall an anecdote of a potential migrant when I was being brought-up young in countryside and she was a visitor to my extended-family( not ‘joint family’, as in all living together within the lit[eral same-roof)'s latest venture, the cellular-era PCO( must've understood the reference?) who used to frequent our establishment, because apparently oft-hailed first foray of 'Bada Ambani' in then unified-Reliance®'s "IndiaMobile℠" CDMA branded as then-RelianceMobile™ revolution was apparently not affordable enough* for folks like her and call a landline-number from our BSNL® landline which always showed the number being of that telecom-circle in the connected callmeter**.
Obviously, I don't know which tongue she used to loudly talk in — because I had never heard of it, 'course.( Although, with whatever faint-recollection I've had[ of her voice], I don't think her accent was anywhere close to a generic Bangla.)

All I am meaning to reflect that is: As a Doordarshan® service, I thought it would be ethnic-interests channel — particulary owing to the fact that in the […] 2020, it's perhaps the only nationally-accessible satellite TV feed which doesn't have 24*7 uplink. Perr.. Haps!°
After all, my own informed-conclusion of Prasar Bharati® as a whole aside: It's supposed to be a pubcaster, no? And hence, I don't think that unlike certain "current-affairs" or for that matter, any other competing-channels: Popularity is supposed to be a significant-factor. After all.. It's not like the case of Air India®-Indian Airlines™ era( trivia: Which is still the case in polities like the U A of E) or for a better comparison, where you've 〰ABC®( nothing to do with the predictably popular, TWDC®-owned Murican (abc)®*** and certainly, innumerable telecom-operations and LCOs in India) and supposedly for mission I thought DD® Port Blair was for, SBS®.
Ahh... Hope that clears it up for the rest.

[br]
*Context: When she initially became a patron, it was nowhere to be found even in small-towns. However, well before she stopped visiting, it had arrived in our village and the promotions, mostly in forms of posters and eventually — some hoardings were prominently displayed, at establishments like ours.
**It was equipped with a digital display in [em]jugnu[/em]( chartreuse-yellow, to be precise) backlighting, unlike the popular, analogue displays in red[ which generally displayed only digits, not alphabets].
***Ultra-trivia: Interestingly, the Murican ABC's shortly-lived, apparently-winded down overseas arm of its in-house TV studios( production company/"production house") had most of their commissions from that Aussie pubcaster, bizarrely enough. Something which gets further complicated by the fact that they're not supposed to do much of "fOReIgN" commissions anyways[ under their so-called triennial financing arrangements, the legal-procedure through which the Federal Government bankrolls them], something which understandably rests with their fellow in SBS®. I'd wager this would make it some me-meable […] like:
So the ABC commissions a programme from the ABC, and the ABC produces and delivers to them and goes on to start selling that production overseas with 100% share. What a Ponzi-scheme° built over taxpayer-dollars by the ABC, in order to aggrandise another ABC!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock