DTH updates DD Port Blair added at LCN 1994

@MᵜāzKalīm

Since we are not allowed to quote long post. Here's my reply to above post.

At first don't refer Bengalis as Bongos. Second I would like to highlight you to that there are many channels from public broadcasters are there like DD Mizoram who are not a 24x7 satellite channels.

And I have no clue about malpractices of ABC Australia. So can't comment on that.

Last edited:
@MᵜāzKalīm

Since we are not allowed to quote long post. Here's my reply to above post.

At first don't refer Bengalis as Bongos. Second I would like to highlight you to that there are many channels from public broadcasters are there like DD Mizoram who are not a 24x7 satellite channels.

And I have no clue about malpractices of ABC Australia. So can't comment on that.
“Bongos[sic]”?!?
I didn't invoke that reference. It sounds puerile to me, anyways.

Are you sure that you didn't misinterpret “Bongs” or in spite of editing, your typo remained?

And yeah.. I wasn't expecting you to comment on that, either. That's why it's clearly labelled "trivia" in more than one-way.

P.S. Ahh... So it's conspicuously the case with all of DD® network's Northeastern and Southeastern feeds?
Am I expected to feign surprise?
Even though these are one of the factors why I stopped caring about the[ output of] Prasar Bharati® since long.

Last edited:
“Bongos[sic]”?!?
I didn't invoke that reference. It sounds puerile to me, anyways.

Are you sure that you didn't misinterpret “Bongs” or in spite of editing, your typo remained?

And yeah.. I wasn't expecting you to comment on that, either. That's why it's clearly labelled "trivia" in more than one-way.

P.S. Ahh... So it's conspicuously the case with all of DD® network's Northeastern and Southeastern feeds?
Am I expected to feign surprise?
Even though these are one of the factors why I stopped caring about the[ output of] Prasar Bharati® since long.
It's not correction of typo. It's like me referring to you as "Mullah." It means scholar but others will consider it something else.

FYI, Prasar Bharati had directed to air 24 hour transmission of 8 it's channels just yesterday.

Discussion - General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

It's not correction of typo. It's like me referring to you as "Mullah." It means scholar but others will consider it something else.

FYI, Prasar Bharati had directed to air 24 hour transmission of 8 it's channels just yesterday.

Discussion - General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels
Alright.. It's still darn confusing to me that whether you're referring to an English noun for a musical-instrument, or the word I actually invoked: A[ generic] Bānglā slang.

Since you've failed to confirm( I've faint-recollection of this being a trait of many forumites, to keep a post THAT SHORT that the message often turns ambiguous, requiring further clarifications), I'm gonna go out on a limb and presume that you're referring to the non-English slang, and not the English formal-noun, which also refers to a species of antelope found in parts of across Eastern to Western Africa.
So yeah.. I do get your point. Although, you presupposing who I'm and drawing that allegory, I just wanna have some heart-to-heart that: Even if I were what you think I'm, I don't think I would've felt bad by that word. Why? Well..

It can be summarised as: Ever since the advent of 'pop-Interweb' destinations, I've noticed the proliferation of far stronger epithets to address the very same group of people( and still-counting neologisms), so I don't think any reasonable-person belonging to that "community" would remain sensitised to the word you've cited.( Must've heard of Desensitisation?)
And you should note that I didn't directly refer to as "the B word".
But a-gain, presuming that's the case — Whilst Mr "@Bishnu15" didn't confirm, or deny having any issues[ when I originally did invoke it, with annotation] — I won't invoke that epithet whenever replying to you, or even referring to you.*

Ahh... So FINALLY after DD® Assam and fairly-recent DD® Arun Prabha, all the rest of Northeastern channels in the network have finally been converted 24*7 output? Alright.. I stand corrected, humbly. Here's hoping that would mean they start commissioning more original-programming, particularly of local ethic-interests — than just filling-schedule with shows shared from non-Northeastern DD® originals( or for that matter, even the perceivably-dominant neighbouring states). Otherwise.. If none of the channels save for DD® Assam and 'course,( like DD® Kashir,) DD® Arun Prabha — do that: This would simply mean they're doing a bit of a more hardwork than when they were doing, by mirroring the output of either of those 2 national, non-primary speciality-programming channels.(
And by “Home Channel”, the circular is simply referring to the landing, infomercial feed of Ku-band DD® Free Dish™, no? As is the case with all of pay-TV DTH services?)

*Especially.. In light of noticing how the numbers-hungry press[ after also taking a hit during the pandemic] is leaving absolutely no-stones-unturned to propagate "Bengali" stereotypeS.( Off-topic-but-quick-query: If you still do monitor the vernacular mainstream press, is the vilification of that lady also the case from the overwhelming-majority of Bangla press, if not all? Particularly from outlets owned by nationwide conglomerates?)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock