Difficulties in buying ADTV over phone? Successful at Last :)

• Thread starter Thread starter navya11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28
  • Views Views: Views 3,410
RE: Difficulties in buying ADTV over phone? Still unsuccessful!

sSUNNY1432 said:
why u want adtv online? if u r facing difficulty then order ur dth from dealer....no need to call them..

Rang a couple of dealers, who said they dont give a connection on Sundays!

iphifi said:
Airtel has issues with their website and app, but their customer care and home visit technicians are smart and efficient IMO. Any money lost or channel not working issues will be fixed instantly by them.

You can also request a call back by sending an SMS DTH to 54325 (8800054325 for BSNL mobile)
Airtel Dth New Connection

services-250-cashback.jpg

Tried the SMS route the day before itself. No callbacks yet.

brother seriously..u r just making excuse...admins close this thread...s

Airtel upgraded my SD to HD on a Sunday afternoon after calling them on Saturday night. But when I first installed my connection while in Bangalore in 2012 and then transferred it to Kochi for re-installation of dish and wiring, the person took around 72 hrs to come both times. I think this is normal because the local office do not have a customer representative and it's the assigned technician himself who will call you when he's ready with the equipment.

sSUNNY1432 said:
brother seriously..u r just making excuse...admins close this thread...s

After emailing the nodal officer yesterday, someone rang just now to say that there is some problem going on with whole Airtel CC and that someone will ring me tomorrow so that they can connect me tomorrow evening. He said it is better to buy via CC rather than the dealer as the dealer charges Rs 300 to 400 extra.

I appreciate your help and tried your suggestions but just wanted to highlight the issues I encountered in getting a new connection.

Just because you are bored/uninterested in my posts, you can stop replying rather than asking the Mods to close the thread.

navya11 said:
Dont want to purchase through their website.

I purchased my DVR via Airtel Website and got it installed next day so go ahead.

navya11 said:
Thank you. PM'd Jay.

The phone numbers act weird still now. Due to these nightmares, is it still worth going for ADTV?

pl see PM. :)

Finally managed to get ADTV installed last night. My dad insisted on Airtel, so had to stick with them, despite customer service fiasco. THanks for everyone's help and suggestions.

Got an HD DVR with 12-month 27 HD South Magnum subscription for Rs 8890. Also a multi TV for Rs 1050. They said multi TV will get activated only today.

Will provide a detailed review after a few days, but in a nutshell, coming from Reliance, ADTV's HD PQ is good, but Reliance trump's ADTV in SD PQ.

Although I got 27 South Magnum package, it does not have Sony Max HD or Sun TV/Music HD. Is that expected?

Back
Top Bottom