Discovery launches sports channel "D-SPORTS" in India

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 510
  • Views Views: Views 68,687
khepacheley said:
Yes, aam aadmi doesn't have to go when there is cricket in WI, when there is NBA, NFL.
Or even cricket in Australia starts pretty early..

Don't just say anything for the sake of argument.
You are not giving us the proper argument bro. Why don't you tell us the real reason you think?

Sarkar said:
You are not giving us the proper argument bro. Why don't you tell us the real reason you think?

I have given my reason which I THINK, and I also agree with what Gurmeet is saying. But they are pretty viable reasons, not such lame reasons like no one is interested in NZ cricket or "aam aadmi" has to go to work in the morning.

khepacheley said:
I have given my reason which I THINK, and I also agree with what Gurmeet is saying. But they are pretty viable reasons, not such lame reasons like no one is interested in NZ cricket or "aam aadmi" has to go to work in the morning.
So BCCI influenced? If this is the case then what ten network is doing?

Gurmeet bro said broadcasters are only interested in India Nz matchs but sky wants all.

So why Indian broadcasters don't want all Nz matches? Gurmeet brings had not clear that

Not all aam aadmis have to go work in the morning, there are millions who work in night shifts.
Millions of working people miss even games played by India because it clashes with their working hours.
Going by your logic, then the games played by India should also be not shown.

khepacheley said:
Timing is not big problem.if match not live.atleast 3-4hours highlight at night.why blackout?

Sarkar said:
So BCCI influenced? If this is the case then what ten network is doing?

Gurmeet bro said broadcasters are only interested in India Nz matchs but sky wants all.

So why Indian broadcasters don't want all Nz matches? Gurmeet brings had not clear that

Ten Sports already has the rights for WI, SA, ZIM, Pak, SL crickets plus Champions League, Europa League, French League 1, DFB Pokal, A-League, I league. They are struggling to launch a second HD channel which is very much needed and you expect them to add to their broadcasting rights.
As for Star too, they have burned huge amount of money with their India, England, Australia, Bangladesh rights; also team India sponsor. Plus all the events that they organise such as ISL, PBL, PKL etc. and ofcourse there is cost of Premier League.

So it was expected that Sony goes for the NZ rights, but seem to concentrate on NFL for God knows what reason; they also went to spend so much to acquire Ten Sports and also must be saving for the IPL auction. 

Hence, its only logical that D Sports acquires the NZ rights and completes the whole cricket package at least for a cricket crazy nation like India.

khepacheley said:
Not all aam aadmis have to go work in the morning, there are millions who work in night shifts.
Millions of working people miss even games played by India because it clashes with their working hours.
Going by your logic, then the games played by India should also be not shown.
I think you hv taken the time time joke too seriously but anyway if that is the case then IPL should broadcast in morning only [emoji12]

BTW Neo failed to monitize NZ series so they withdraw contracts. Hope Dsports situation will not be like Neo [emoji19]

Sarkar said:
I think you hv taken the time time joke too seriously but anyway if that is the case then IPL should broadcast in morning only [emoji12]

BTW Neo failed to monitize NZ series so they withdraw contracts. Hope Dsports situation will not be like Neo [emoji19]
Bro Neo also failed to monitize India cricket so they withdraw contracts.but star sports successfully handle broadcast.

Discovery launching a sports channel means they would certainly made preparations.All the rights coming up be of Football,Cricket and other viable sports for them to broadcast in future they will aggressively bid for the same.In fact Neo is also active in having something going for the channels but due to lack of funds is preventing them.

Pics of Euro Sport

3dd864b1a591fa4c94f37d075ae941c3.png

bf885c7f7afabae728852e7ab1be989d.png

c07c20005e7782ab32f860457570a8c5.png

cc015618e594bcc0b786e9450ea89f3a.png

Back
Top Bottom