Discovery launches sports channel "D-SPORTS" in India

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 510
  • Views Views: Views 68,687
Tha.RP8 said:
Only fastway side problem Gurmeet bro. DSport is not going anywhere anytime soon as it is the path for Eurosport to enter India, and they'll never ruin it. Its not neo network, it has a lot of money, and also experience. Wait till second half of 2017,by then D Sport will be one of 3 big sports brands in India..

Do u work for D Sports??

Your post seemed like one from a PR agent from the channel..

khepacheley said:
Do u work for D Sports??

Your post seemed like one from a PR agent from the channel..

I was just telling the truth. If I am sounding like an employee, its your misconception. I will praise someone who deserves it, as I don't let hate come in the way of truth.

Tha.RP8 said:
I was just telling the truth. If I am sounding like an employee, its your misconception. I will praise someone who deserves it, as I don't let hate come in the way of truth.

U said within the second half of 2017, which is just 3 and a half months away, D Sports will be one of the top 3 sports brand in the country.

Top 3!!! Really??
I know Ten and Sony are now under same administration, but SPN has made it clear that the Ten brand will continue to exist, it won't happen like Sony Six will start showing WWE or Ten Sports will start telecasting IPL, that's not happening. And the way Star have their business set up, they gonna be firmly in the top 2 if not the no. 1 for a long time.

So, according to you, D Sports will replace one these heavy weights, with so many years of presence in the market, within the next half of the year!
That too, with the kind of horrible marketing that they have done since their inception, despite belong to one the biggest media houses in the world.
They are still not on 2 major DTH platforms, launched their HD feeds, then days later it gets taken off, and now the whole channel is out of service.
They failed to grab clear opportunities to capture the imagination of the Indian sports fanatic (I am talking about the NZ-SA series)
On contacting them on social media platforms, their representatives respond rudely to the common folk.
Seems like a channel run by bunch of scamsters rather than the Discovery Networks.

So what you said, obviously appeared to coming from a PR agent, without any facts or sources, just honey trapping common people.

You must also understand that if 2nd half of 2017 starts after 3 months, it also extends till the last month!

I am considering sony and ten as same brand, as they are now officially same entity.

And i didn't find their cc guys rude at all, infact they were very kind to me.
Do you find this rude, because I find these a great response from cc:

Its easy for you to sit on an armchair and call them scamstars. Infact thats a big problem in our country, here people expect everyone to be like filmy heroes, who'd do everything in a minute. And thus, people start hating someone even before the person starts working. Its only one and half months since launch and they're already bringing great football content like MLS and CSL, and they'll bring more.

Regarding distribution, remember even sony kix(now espn) took time in coming to the dth platforms.

And finally, I'm not honey trapping anyone as I'm not Sunny Leone. I am only saying what I'm observing without wearing the goggles of hate which some are wearing. If you do away with those goggles, I'm sure you'll see clearly too.

Do you know that Audi, Bentley, Porsche, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Skoda, Volkswagen are all owned by a single company - but they are exist as different brands inspite of being direct competitors to each other. Another example, Oppo, Vivo and One Plus are all owned by the same company - but they are operating separately, infact both Vivo and Oppo separately bidded for the recent kit sponsorship deal with BCCI.
Same is with Ten and Sony, they are two of the top 3 sports brand in India. Also, SPN has clearly stated that the Ten brand will continue to exist, so just because "you" consider them to be the "same brand", doesn't make them the same brand.

Coming to rude cc, are a quite a few people, who have responded to this thread, will agree on the fact the D Sports representatives have been truly rude. The screenshots that you have posted are 2 weeks old, this rude thing, came up probably a month back, most people must have said that they are rude, and hence there has been a change in their behaviour, pretty normal.

MLS, the Chinese League might be great content for you, but not for most football lovers like myself, who would like to have rather the Scottish, Turkish leagues. Ofcouse their Brazilian, Portuguese league coverage is appreciated. But that's personal perference, don't want to go much into it.
All the top 3 sports brands in India have some cricket rights, D Sports should have got the rights of the NZ-SA series and seized opportunity to market itself as a serious contender, which they didn't, and seriously make me question their intend.

As fas as distribution of Sony Kix is concerned, I am not entirely sure, but I think it was only RDTV that got the channel quite late. Well RDTV is hands down the worst DTH platform in the country, their customers also don't expect much from them, but here we are talking about TS and ADTV, 2 major DTH platforms, and no sight of D Sports on them.

I am quite amused you didn't touch upon their HD feed being taken off after a few days, and now the entire channel is showing something which by no means have any relation to sports.

Ok, if you want to consider sony, ten and espn as separate entities, my statement would be that they'll be in top 5, because in such a situation there will total 7 sports broadcasters in India. 

Cc was never rude to me why would I call them rude? Infact they were much better than the experiences I had with those robots in airtel cc. 

Portuguese League season is now in mid season, how'll they make deal for half season? They'll Infact be showing it from next season. They're also trying for Copa Del Rey and also FIFA club World cup from this year. Yes I like MLS and CSL because of the stars. 

I remember missing copa america (not centerio, the previous one) matches because of unavailability of sony kix channel which was telecasting it. But see it now, it is one of the best channel now! 

Finally, are you serious in saying that if a cable operator(FW)  removes a channel without  notice it is the channel's fault? Its still available in dish tv and d2h, if it is removed from fastway it is fastway's fault. Regarding hd feed, their hd licence is pending in mib, so they can't distribute it in hd. Thats why they are downscaling their hd feed to sd(Notice that the channel is in 16;9 aspect ratio unlike Indian sd channels which are in 4;3). And moreover, Even ten2 and ten3 don't have hd!

post short msges, as instead of long essays.... it gets difficult to read then :shy

It's not about me considering Ten and Six as separate brands, they are actually separate brands..

I already said their efforts about Portuguese and Brazilian league is much appreciated.

The CC has been rude to a number of people who have shared their experiences on this very thread, so it's not my personal agenda, there are quite a few who will agree with me.

I'm a TS subscriber, I don't know what is happening with Dish TV or d2h, but I saw people complaining about the channel being off air without notice. Plus they did add the HD feed on d2h for a short while without license, how unprofessional of a channel from such a huge media house.
Their 16:9 aspect ratio is really commendable, I personally want all SD channels to be in that ratio but their are millions in India still with a 4:3 TV, they might have a problem with that.

The problem with Ten needing more HD channels which I acknowledge, I really miss some matches during UCL nights on stunning HD.

Regarding top 5, are u considering DD Sports as no. 5??
If that's the case then if Naptol launches a sports channel tomorrow then they are automatically in top 5.

By that logic, D Sports is already in top 5, because there are only 5 proper sports brands in India.

Back
Top Bottom