Article Discovery plan to rename DSport as Eurosport in India challenged by Lex Sportel Vision in Delhi High Court

Here is the current situation based on my understanding and post reading information on net, since beginning or maybe thru mid way channel is owned by Lex Sportel and Discovery just is the distribution agent. So above facts clearly mean all decisions related to name changes, content cannot be taken solely by Discovery till they r in contract period. EuroSport is brand owned by Discovery while DSport was a neutral identity given to this joint venture channel operational in India.

Maybe Lex Sportel will take full control of DSport while Discovery will chart a separate path by launching 1Sport. I remember in 2018 DSport went major change in content, all the international sports were taken off air and more local stuff was brought in... I think this was when Discovery had pact with Lex Sportel and itself became a distributor for new entity

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock