Dish to discontinue many channels wef 1st April

Dish tv follwing bad statergy and cheating customer

few month ago disney unior and nick jr added and dish tv made press realse for being happy

now in less than year channel found less vuewer and decided to remove
i think dish dont want become no 1 dth player in india

also want to continue old strategy of choosing rural customer and loosing them to get more arpu

Sent from my HuaweiU8300

Anirudh

iam surprise to came to know that anather biz news channel ndtv profit is already missing

and now loosing cnbc tv18.

dish tv will be behind all dth in biz news genre

hope only allah can help to this company

i can edit my previous post

i want to say looting instead of loosing in last line

Sent from my HuaweiU8300

I think New Star Sports 2 and Star Sports 1HD,2HD will adds on dish tv

I think Star Sports 2, 1HD and HD2 will adds in World Cup 20-20 in Cricket and World Cup 2014 in Foot Ball now and SONY MAX HD will add in IPL 2014 in Cricket.....

ETV Urdu, IBN7, Sonic, CNBCTV18 less viewership ? Unbelievable !
ETV Urdu NO.1 Urdu Entertainment Channel.
CNBCTV18 NO.1 English Business News Channel.
Sonic one of the best action cartoon channel.

I think DISH TV has gone mad just to add few Pakistani channels removing Indian channels makes no sense at all. All the channels they are planning to drop are popular channels maybe except ETV Bihar - Jharkhand.

Dish TV issues disconnection notice to 10 IndiaCast channels

Dish-tv-vs-Indiacast.jpg

MUMBAI: The tug-of-war between leading direct-to-home (DTH) player Dish TV and content aggregator IndiaCast UTV is getting fiercer with none of the two planning to duck.

In the latest move, Dish TV has issued disconnection notice to 10 channels distributed by IndiaCast UTV, including CNBC-TV18 and IBN7 and some ETV regional channels, claiming low popularity. Dish TV had earlier taken IndiaCast channels on a reference interconnect offer (RIO) deal, after the distribution agreement had ended on 31 December last year.

Since 1 January, it has been offering all the IndiaCast UTV channels (excluding ETV channels) on a la carte basis, sans any charge. The distribution deal with ETV channels is coming to an end on 31 March. However, the DTH player has decided not to offer the 10 IndiaCast UTV distributed channels from 1 April.

Instead, it has issued the 21-day notice, as per TRAI mandate. The channels include ETV MP, ETV Bihar, ETV UP, ETV Urdu, World Movies (Disney UTV), Sonic, IBN7, Disney Junior, Nick Junior and CNBC-TV18. The company has said that the channels will not be distributed.

“The channels shall cease to be carried on our DTH platform with effect from 1 April 2014 due to low popularity of the said channels,” Dish TV stated in the notice. It further added that the company is choosing not to continue distribution of these channels from its DTH platform. Dish TV’s strategy is to put pressure on IndiaCast UTV to sign a distribution deal on better commercial terms.

The DTH operator has been claiming that it has been saving on content cost after it put the channels on a la carte basis. When contacted, Dish TV CEO RC Venkateish declined to give any more details, saying that the notice is self-explanatory.

However, IndiaCast UTV spokesperson said that as the channels are on RIO basis, it is Dish TV’s decision to keep or remove them. “We won’t buckle under any pressure,” he added.

Dish TV issues disconnection notice to 10 IndiaCast channels

MUMBAI: The tug-of-war between leading direct-to-home (DTH) player Dish TV and content aggregator IndiaCast UTV is getting fiercer with none of the two planning to duck. In the latest move, Dish TV has issued disconnection notice to 10 channels distributed by IndiaCast UTV, including CNBC-TV18 and IBN7 and some ETV regional channels, claiming low popularity. Dish TV had earlier taken IndiaCast channels on a reference interconnect offer (RIO) deal, after the distribution agreement had ended on 31 December last year.

Since 1 January, it has been offering all the IndiaCast UTV channels (excluding ETV channels) on a la carte basis, sans any charge. The distribution deal with ETV channels is coming to an end on 31 March. However, the DTH player has decided not to offer the 10 IndiaCast UTV distributed channels from 1 April. Instead, it has issued the 21-day notice, as per TRAI mandate. The channels include ETV MP, ETV Bihar, ETV UP, ETV Urdu, World Movies (Disney UTV), Sonic, IBN7, Disney Junior, Nick Junior and CNBC-TV18. The company has said that the channels will not be distributed. “The channels shall cease to be carried on our DTH platform with effect from 1 April 2014 due to low popularity of the said channels,” Dish TV stated in the notice. It further added that the company is choosing not to continue distribution of these channels from its DTH platform. Dish TV’s strategy is to put pressure on IndiaCast UTV to sign a distribution deal on better commercial terms.

The DTH operator has been claiming that it has been saving on content cost after it put the channels on a la carte basis. When contacted, Dish TV CEO RC Venkateish declined to give any more details, saying that the notice is self-explanatory. However, IndiaCast UTV spokesperson said that as the channels are on RIO basis, it is Dish TV’s decision to keep or remove them. “We won’t buckle under any pressure,” he added.

Dish TV issues disconnection notice to 10 IndiaCast channels | TelevisionPost.com

Bad days coming for DishTv India subscribers as DD freedish is migrating to MPEG4 and is going to encrypt their signal from July 2014 and on the other hand Dishtv is only interest in testing channels for srilanka and also busy with promoting Zing where only one regional pack is provided at same price of dishtv pack.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock