Dish TV extends differential pricing to all Phase I and II cities

• Thread starter Thread starter JitendraKumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 2
  • Views Views: Views 833

JitendraKumar

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Direct-to-home (DTH) player Dish TV has expanded its differential pricing to all the cities covered under Phases I and II of digital addressable system (DAS), starting 12 May.

Earlier in February, the DTH player had introduced the concept of differential pricing, wherein subscribers in the four cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Pune and Kolkata, or those at the upper end of the pyramid, were charged a higher monthly subscription fee than their rural counterparts.

TelevisionPost.com was the first to report on the differential pricing scheme of Dish TV and on the DTH company’s plan to extend it to all the cities covered under DAS Phases I and II.

Accordingly, Dish TV has increased all pack prices for new as well as existing subscribers of Dish TV by Rs 10 each.

To make up for the higher subscription fee, the company is also providing customers with additional services like express call centre queues and express service facilities.

Dish TV sources claim that since the rollout of the service in Delhi, Mumbai, Pune and Kolkata three months back, the average revenue per user (ARPU) from these cities have seen an increase and there has not been any dilution of ARPU.

The company is planning to increase its ARPU, which was at Rs 177 during the third quarter of the fiscal ended 31 March.

Sources also state that the 42 cities covered under the plan account for almost 35 per cent of the DTH player’s revenues and an increase of Rs 10 across packs, and that the company could see a 3.5–4 per cent overall increase in the ARPU.

Dish TV believes that there is sufficient headroom to increase the price differentials further between key urban markets and their rural counterparts.

Dish TV extends differential pricing to all Phase I and II cities | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom