dish tv will add 50 chanels

I don't agree with both of you.

85-90% customers of any dth are sd users.
So they must have to add sd channel.
If you don't like,then don't watch.

piinku1 said:

Agree with you Pinku. Price of HD packages are much higher than SD packages. People doesn't have money to fulfill their basic needs, do you think they will pay 500 PM for watching HD services. :wall :wall

piinku1 said:

@piinmu1 Bro i though you are an expert in DTH and Satellite. Ok 90 % of DTH users in India are SD subscribers ok then what about that 10% of HD subscribers. Are the users in HD paying them DTH operators black money or some thing but they are also paying them the same for which they work hard and sweat for like Sd users.

1. HD users pay 2 to 3 times more for the HD SETBOX compare to a SD Users.
2. HD Users Pay 4 to 5 times more for the Channels Package compare to a SD Users.
3. Why are HD users paying that much money more compare to a SD user bcoz they want the best Picture on their big screens which will never look good with SD channels. Now HD users pay much more than a SD User so they deserve much more than what they are getting now from the all Indian DTH operators.
4. In USA there are more than 200 HD channels , In Uk there are more than 100 HD channels, in Japan hardly u will find any SD channel.
3.In India there are not even 25 Tru HD channels for example channels like Star Gold, Zee cinema and many more are not tru HD channels bcuz a TRU HD channel must be shown in 16:9 aspect Ratio which means the all Picture should cover the full Screen like which we get on channels Zee Studio HD, Star Movies HD and Movies now HD where has on Indian Movie HD channels both Zee Cinema HD and Star Gold Hd are like half of the screen is covered with the Black line Up and Down and in some cases the Star Gold SD's PQ feels much better than the Star gold HD one on some Movies.
5. The money we pay for the HD channels and Service's we are worthy to get much better experience service we are paying for.

We all work hard and sweat to get this money which we pay to the DTH operators. Money are not hanging on trees so we take them and pay them.

DishHD said:
Adding SD channels in 2013 is like we are living in 1990's Tv world, don't know why Every DTH just wants to add Useless SD channels in this modern Era. Wise some educated and qualified person comes to Indian DTH business and show this jerks how to run a modern Tv viewing world like which you find in USA, Europe and East Asian Countries.

- There are only abt 30 HD channels running in Indian mkt.

- No. of languages spoken in US ( or individual countries in Europe) and
India are very different. Where, 95 % of population the U.S speak only English and Spanish, In India... we are having abt 30 different languages.
Regional languages have also to be catered to. Thats why SD channels.

- Compare HOTBIRD and SES7 (Indian DTH).
Each Hotbird satellite is having almost 4 times the capacity of Indian sat., but carrying the same no. of channels... ie: abt 300 odd channels on both HOTBIRD and SES7.
The problem is capacity, thats why HD channels are not being preferred.

But very soon, with new sats. launching for each of the Indian DTH ops., we'll soon see a lot more HD channels. :k

shawl_who said:
- There are only abt 30 HD channels running in Indian mkt.

- No. of languages spoken in US ( or individual countries in Europe) and
India are very different. Where, 95 % of population the U.S speak only English and Spanish, In India... we are having abt 30 different languages.
Regional languages have also to be catered to. Thats why SD channels.

- Compare HOTBIRD and SES7 (Indian DTH).
Each Hotbird satellite is having almost 4 times the capacity of Indian sat., but carrying the same no. of channels... ie: abt 300 odd channels on both HOTBIRD and SES7.
The problem is capacity, thats why HD channels are not being preferred.

But very soon, with new sats. launching for each of the Indian DTH ops., we'll soon see a lot more HD channels. :k

Then why did they Launched HD Setbox and Service in India Just to make their Customers Fool and force them to pay that much money for the service which they cannot provide to their customers for which they are paying for :huh :u

Its just like you are buying an ticket for a cricket match which will be played after 10 years. Come On bro :D:D:D

@Shawl we are not in the year 2005 or 2006 when it was like launching a HD channel was like launching a Aircraft to Moon bcoz at the time H264 video codec which compress the Video was very expensive and cost to launch a Hd channel was soo high and even just HD 720p content was very limited and now a days i and you can also download and use H264 MP4 video codec for free and all they need to do is just convert their signals to Hd bcoz now a days every thing is Shot with a full Hd 1080p camera and even our smart phones can shoot in full hd 1080p. So full hd content is every where all they need to do is just convert their channels signal to Hd. And its not a rocket science to do.

DishHD said:
Then why did they Launched HD Setbox and Service in India Just to make their Customers Fool and force them to pay that much money for the service which they cannot provide to their customers for which they are paying for :huh :u

Its just like you are buying an ticket for a cricket match which will be played after 10 years. Come On bro :D:D:D

But atleast something's better than nothing. :p
They are managing bigger things with handful of resources. :shy

shawl_who said:
But at least something's better than nothing. :p
They are managing bigger things with handful of resources. :shy

Bro i am not here to fight but i just want the experience which people in other countries are getting even many years before from now which still we can't even get a taste off. All i want is just worth the satisfaction for which the money i am spending for. Now many peoples in other countries on DTH or Cables are enjoying movies in 3D for years now and still in dont know do how movies in 3D look except if we go to Cinema's to watch 3D movies. And even our both Hindi Movie channels Zee Cinema HD and Star Gold HD are not Tru Hd channels but they just show Movies which are ungraded to HD and now if we buy a Blu ray disk of a Bollywood Movie then we can watch them on 16:9 full HD Aspect ratio but not on our Hindi Movie HD channels. This clearly Shows how greedy our DTH Operators are like our Politicians who just want to earn money more innocent people by making them Fool. :( :'(

DishHD said:

@Shawl we are not in the year 2005 or 2006 when it was like launching a HD channel was like launching a Aircraft to Moon bcoz at the time H264 video codec which compress the Video was very expensive and cost to launch a Hd channel was soo high and even just HD 720p content was very limited and now a days i and you can also download and use H264 MP4 video codec for free and all they need to do is just convert their signals to Hd bcoz now a days every thing is Shot with a full Hd 1080p camera and even our smart phones can shoot in full hd 1080p. So full hd content is every where all they need to do is just convert their channels signal to Hd. And its not a rocket science to do.

It is not Dish TV's or any DTH's fault. Number of HD channels available in India is very less in comparison with the number SD channels available in India. DTH players should cater to customers from all region and all genre.

As already mentioned in one of the earlier post in this thread, people using HD TV and willing to spend for HD services are very less. Most of the regional customer (for ex: Malayalam, Kannada) are not having any HD channels in their language. So, they will prefer SD channels only.

Also, there are customers want to see sports in HD or Hindi movies in HD or English movies in HD or some other genre in HD. But the % of these customers are less comparing with the SD customers.

Again, DTH players should cater all of their customers. If they are adding only HD channels, they will loose customers and so get loss and so cannot maintain their services and so cannot offer the channels to the customers (even only HD customers) so they need to close the DTH business so you cannot demand any HD channel anymore...

Sadiq said:
It is not Dish TV's or any DTH's fault. Number of HD channels available in India is very less in comparison with the number SD channels available in India. DTH players should cater to customers from all region and all genre.

As already mentioned in one of the earlier post in this thread, people using HD TV and willing to spend for HD services are very less. Most of the regional customer (for ex: Malayalam, Kannada) are not having any HD channels in their language. So, they will prefer SD channels only.

Also, there are customers want to see sports in HD or Hindi movies in HD or English movies in HD or some other genre in HD. But the % of these customers are less comparing with the SD customers.

Again, DTH players should cater all of their customers. If they are adding only HD channels, they will loose customers and so get loss and so cannot maintain their services and so cannot offer the channels to the customers (even only HD customers) so they need to close the DTH business so you cannot demand any HD channel anymore...

@Sadiq Bro i have an Idea :lol. Now Currently the Best Solution for this Problem is That Some New DTH Operator should get in to the DTH Business and should launch Just a HD+3D DTH service like SKY UK HD and Dish HD of USA which will be different bcuz they will just promote HD and 3D channels has SD channels are already available in Indian Market. So all they Need to do will be just to Invest in HD and 3D channels and bring has much of HD and 3D channels possible then i am sure there will be much more HD subscribers then now bcuz they will know they will get their Money worth for which they are paying for. Now seeing the channel package and service we are getting for HD connection and that much money we are paying for i feel like we are the most Stupid HD subscribers in this world by paying that much money for the service which is not even worth half of the money which we pay for HD service. Then How about a HD and 3D MOD Movies Service i think this Service should have been launched in India a Year from now back but still not even a sign of Channels like This :angry :wall. I am sure 3D Tv owners will love to pay any amount for service like 3D MOD Movies Channel :sp.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock